1.    #1  
    I've had my Centro since July, and have had absolutely no problems- not a single reset. Today I installed Kinoma player, which I had on my Treo 700p, and now every time I hot sync, the Centro resets or freezes. It will sometimes allow me to see the log, but not every time. I tried uninstalling Kinoma, but the resets continued.

I had the same issue with my 700p, but thought there was a corrupt Contact. Evidently Kinoma is causing the trouble. Any thoughts? Anyone else with this?

Thanks!
    The easiest fix would be to hard reset, and then do a restore from a backup from one of your backup sets on your card that were created with a backup program like Resco Backup or NVBackup. Another easy fix would be to simply uninstall the Kinoma using a program like Uninstaller, that monitors any installs and will completely remove a new program.

Since you probably don't have either one of those, you could use Filez and see if you can see any other files that look like they were part of Kinoma. However, it is probably a corruption in your Saved Prefs file. Since you have hot synced since installing Kinoma, you don't have a good backup since before the install.

You cold try Reset Doctor from www.Hobbyistsoftware.com . Some people have found that that program has helped them. Otherwise, I think you might have to do a hard reset and start over by renaming your Backup folder in the Palm Desktop folder.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    The easiest fix would be to hard reset, and then do a restore from a backup from one of your backup sets on your card that were created with a backup program like Resco Backup or NVBackup. Another easy fix would be to simply uninstall the Kinoma using a program like Uninstaller, that monitors any installs and will completely remove a new program.

Since you probably don't have either one of those, you could use Filez and see if you can see any other files that look like they were part of Kinoma. However, it is probably a corruption in your Saved Prefs file. Since you have hot synced since installing Kinoma, you don't have a good backup since before the install.

You cold try Reset Doctor from www.Hobbyistsoftware.com . Some people have found that that program has helped them. Otherwise, I think you might have to do a hard reset and start over by renaming your Backup folder in the Palm Desktop folder.
    Actually, I used Uninstall Manager to delete Kinoma, and I do have Backup Buddy on my SD card. I checked Fileman, and there were no Kinoma files left, and my Reset Doctor log showed only one reset- the first one- as a fatal exception. The rest were all logged as soft resets.

However, the idea that the corruption could be in my Saved Prefs file makes sense. Could I just delete that file and restore from my backup?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Do you have SkinUI installed? I had similar problems (reset after hotsync) and that was the culprit.
    Try using SafeGuard. It will do a much better job of tracking and reporting the causes of resets!

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/products/safeguard/

Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    Do you have SkinUI installed? I had similar problems (reset after hotsync) and that was the culprit.
    Nope, no SkinUI. Lots of other stuff: ZLauncher, Fileman, Zagat, BackupBuddy, Uninstall Manager, Bejeweled2, DateBk6, Calorie King, EReader, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, Maltin's Movie Guide, Phone Technician, etc. It seems that if I want to use Kinoma Player, I will have to put up with the resets after I hot sync.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Try using SafeGuard. It will do a much better job of tracking and reporting the causes of resets!

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/products/safeguard/

Jeff
    Hi, Jeff-

I took your advice, and downloaded a trial version of SafeGuard. It worked perfectly! The crash log told me where the problem was- and it was NOT Kinoma- it was Fonts 40S5. Once I disabled (and then eliminated it) I was able to hot sync with no trouble.

I'm heading over to your site to buy the program now.

Thanks!!

Berni