1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to skip the Palm Centro setup? Recently, my phone fell out of my pocket and into the toilet and everything works fine but the touch screen. All the water is out of the screen BUT it still doesn't work. So I thought that reseting the whole phone would be a good idea, completly forgetting that you had to do the whole "touch the stylus to the target" thing, and I can't. So does anyone know how to pass this?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    pull the battery.
    put the phone in a ziplock back full of uncooked rice.
    let it sit 3 days
    pray

and if you are lucky it will be fine.

just like the salt shakers in a dinner, the rice pulls the mositure out of the air. it will pull every last bit of water out of the phone.

if nothing got burnt out you should be ok.
  3.    #3  
    All the water is out of the screen, it still looks normal. It has been in rice for 3 days. I just need to know how to pass the whole setup on the Centro.
    I don't recall seeing someone post a solution to this problem. It's been asked many times before and usually goes unanswered. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    sorry- don't knwo how to skip.

and sounds like your screen IS fried.

bummer

sorry couldn't be more help
    Do a warm reset (hold up on the nav while removing/replacing the battery), then soft reset. At least this is how it works on Treos. My son's 700P has a broken digitizer and this bypasses the touchscreen calibration dialogue. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    press the home screeen
    Not affliated to this person but here is one for sale on fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.com/FULL-LCD-TOUCH-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Have done this before on the 650 and 700 that we owned. The above is for the LCD as well. If you can find just the touch screen you should be able to get out for less than half that. have not opened my wife's centro yet but it should be pretty easy to do.

Just found this one - Digitizer by itself for $8.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-690-CE...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by osidak; 09/08/2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: more information
    it is very difficult if not impossible to separate the digitizer from the LCD - at least when I tried it on the 700P. The edges are glued together to keep dust from getting between them.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    not to get too far off topic but how cool is it the the treos with palm os is so user friendly with shortcuts and buttons that you can get by without the touch screen.

amazing.
    really - never had a single issue and I replaced both on the 650 and 700wx
    To clarify for people who read the post and did not know how to do the worm rest, you hold up on the directional pad while putting the battery in and keep holding "up" until it finishes booting. you should get the date tijme set screen when finished.

I did lose most of my contents though and have to reinstall from hotsync