1.    #1  
    Does anyone using VZW centro notice either a weak (-1bar) overall signal or odd fluctuations of signal strength?

I am on my 2nd centro and cant get over that the phone doesnt seem to hold a strong signal like the 700p 755p or just about any other vzw cell phone.

i saw nothing from anyone on the forums about this so i thought id reach out to the folks here.

any guidance or help would be appreciated.

Eric
    My VZW Centro seems to have about the same reception as my old 700P--no better, no worse.
    Actually, my VZW Centro has better reception than my old VZW 700p from my experience.
  4.    #4  
    im on the phone with vzw now trying to figure out whats up. i am short about 1-2 bars at any given time and the fluctuations are wild....no bars to 4 to 1 to none and back to 4....

lets see what they can do.
    The only time I've noticed fluctuation in signal is the annoying "beep" that my phone makes b4 it starts looking for signal and forget that is has a palm in it and pretty much locks me out from palm
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    I work in a fringe coverage area. My 700p had minimal coverage in only a small part of the building. I had to disable roaming to keep it from running my battery dead trying to roam when it couldn't, but even then it would kill the 2400mah battery in one day. My Centro can have the roaming enabled and now I have coverage in much more of the building without it using up my battery. So the verdict for me is that my Centro has better coverage.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    tin my area centro is same as 700p or mogul or wifes moto candybar (rokr?)

sounds weird that it bounces around so much. no idea why that would be.
    My Centro has significantly better reception than my 650.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    well i went from a blackberry pearl ( i had 3 of them) to the Cento. so far i havent had any real problems with dropped calls. or bad rececption. i had a lot of them with the pearl. it drove me nuts. so far i love the centro.

lindaga35
    Speaking of "dropped calls"....once in a while when I disconnect my BT headset it will make that annoying "no signal" chime....I have also had it happen a few times in areas with bad reception...is there anyway to turn this off? I thought someone posted it here, but I can't find it.

BTW, I am a RF nut and the Centro is right on par and maybe a tad better than my "flashed" Razr. I was very surprised at the reception. Much better than my wife's Blackberry.

Anyone that can answer my question?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I too have a bit more fluctuation than my old 700P. Overall the signal strength seems better, but at the same time it goes from 1-4 bars at seemingly random intervals without moving the phone an inch (watching it on my desk right now).

Have yet to drop a call or have a static filled one (like my 700p did a few times), but it is rather unusual...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Naris View Post
    I too have a bit more fluctuation than my old 700P. Overall the signal strength seems better, but at the same time it goes from 1-4 bars at seemingly random intervals without moving the phone an inch (watching it on my desk right now).

Have yet to drop a call or have a static filled one (like my 700p did a few times), but it is rather unusual...
    that exactly right. I think signal strength is better but it doesnt hold the way I'd expect it to. If you look at a blackberry, the signal is steady eddy---
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I would imagine it isn't really fluctuating more- just that it is reporting signal strength more often so it appears to fluctuate more.