Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I dropped my Centro in a water for a short period of time. It started buzzing/vibrating and screen was on but nothing on it. I took battery off and let it dry.
    Now phone is discharging very fast - 8-10 hours to discharge full battery with little to no use. During the incoming call I hear income tone and sound like when I connect or disconnect it to/from charger. One night it was turning on and off (after 15 seconds). I went through my power settings and it should consume less power than it was before.
    When it is on charger and red light turns green (also red flash on battery icon turns green flash) it will go from 100% to 99% really fast and continue to change that last 1%.

What can I do except send it to technician to look inside ?
    you can buy a new one. I am surprised it works at all
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    It works ok, didn't found anything wrong except very weak battery.
    Can somebody recommend good free or cheap backup software ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bilihor View Post
    It works ok, didn't found anything wrong except very weak battery.
    Can somebody recommend good free or cheap backup software ?
    Alex Pruss' NVBackup
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I dropped mine in water and was getting a lot of resets and the sounds were all screwed up. a hard reset actually fixed the sound issue and the phone reset less
    My daughter grabbed mine (she is still a baby) and like all babies take everything in the mouth - so I spend a day w/o a phone. First it began hotsyncing. THen I tried to reset it, but it didn't boot up until 3 hrs later. Then after hardreset it worked great for an hour and again went CRAZY. 3-4 hrs later, as i'm typing it, I'm trying to get it back to the way it was.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Not a Centro story, but my daughter spilled coffee on her new phone and she wanted me to get it replaced right away (on Assurion) because the ringer speaker was way too quiet. I had her wait a bit, and it got better the next day. Sometimes the damage is permanent but more often it seems that getting it fully dried out works wonders. Some have mentioned packing it in rice or real dessicant, or using a fan and/or slight heat. Just depends how impatient you are. If it's not back to normal within 5 days, I'd call it damaged. If your battery is acting up, a few discharge/recharge cycles may clear it up.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    my neighbor used the rice trick on a 'regular' cell phone and it actually worked.

but for some reason the battery was ruined- new battery and he was all set like new.
    yeah.. just buy a new battery and u should be set
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC