1.    #1  
    TreoCentral reviewed Nexave here.

It's been described this way:

"An iPhone look-alike keyguard replacement (for all Hires Palm OS devices).

Features:

* Shows current time and date
    * Shows battery level
    * Shows memory state
    * Shows on Treo devices your own phone number and the current mobile provider

Keyguard window is transparent and can be dismissed by a down slide with your thumb or a press on the center button.

On a Treo or Centro it replaces the build-in keyguard window. For a reliable keyguard you need to set the Auto-Keyguard to "When power is turned off".
    "

I just tried it out because I wanted to be able to use Kinoma, but still know the time and other useful information. Well, it seems Nexave doesn't work when Kinoma 4 EX is active. I guess it also won't work with my gps software since the screen never goes off while gps reception is actibe.

It's neat but less useful than I'd hoped.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    It works fine for me, but I wish it had a font for the time at least twice that size.
    2LaunchMe could help you: it shows the time, date etc. in a small overlay over the current app. Might also work with Kinoma.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    i like Nexave, more than other 3rd party keyguards.

you can use it along 4cast or kMeteo to have a 3day forecast. (would kMeteo show the tiny icons ?)

I would like to have an indicator for the data connection since it consumes more energy that regular connection
    Thats Kinomas doing not nexave. When in Kinoma the keyguard window gets disabled i think to help with crashes. I think TomTom does this to.
    For small icons with kMeteo you need the icons4kMeteo.prc which is included in the .zip file. To see an open data connection you would need 2LaunchMe at the moment. then you see the current traffic amount inside Nexave.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I tried this a little bit, and it works pretty well. I do like the weather feature. I have kMeteo auto-updating daily, so I guess that's where Nexave gets its weather from. The other info on the keyguard is useful, but I prefer Chimester's keyguard because it offers info on alerts, messages, tasks, e-mails, and appointments I have. To me, that's generally more useful than the weather, so I think I'm going to stick with Chimester. Nexave is nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    I tried this a little bit, and it works pretty well. I do like the weather feature. I have kMeteo auto-updating daily, so I guess that's where Nexave gets its weather from. The other info on the keyguard is useful, but I prefer Chimester's keyguard because it offers info on alerts, messages, tasks, e-mails, and appointments I have. To me, that's generally more useful than the weather, so I think I'm going to stick with Chimester. Nexave is nice though.
    Where can I find Chimester's keyguard?
    Google is your friend. It's the 5th one down the list.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Chimester+keyguard
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Where can I find Chimester's keyguard?
    I think TreoTown is its official web site.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Yes, TreoTown that Dronak mentions is the official site. Take a look around that site for a few other freebies worth looking at.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    For small icons with kMeteo you need the icons4kMeteo.prc which is included in the .zip file. To see an open data connection you would need 2LaunchMe at the moment. then you see the current traffic amount inside Nexave.
    Hi Henk:

Really nice app! Wish I had stumbled across it sooner. I love the weather and the fact that you can determine how long the keyguard stays on. (I'm also a proud owner of PhoneDisconnect 2.5 and OperaFrontEnd.)

There are certain things, however, that I'm not that interested in seeing (like my phone number & wireless provider, memory state, the status of things turned off, week #, etc.) and I was wondering if you would potentially add the ability/option to toggle on/off some of the information that is displayed.

I can see where some people would appreciate it -- it's just that I'm of the mindset that "less" is "more" and I would prefer to turn some things off if I could. I just love the simplicity of the overall transparent look.
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/03/2009 at 11:22 PM.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    Now that I've slept on it...

I guess I still stand by my request to add the ability to toggle a lot of the information off but I really need for the phone number & wireless provider to stop flashing/rotating. It's distracting.

EDIT: And please eliminate the week #, so that the time can be centered in the black box over the date.

It's still a good program though!
    Last edited by fanofdatreo; 04/04/2009 at 09:35 AM.

m505->650->755p with bluetooth, VoiceDialIt, Garmin GPS, PdaReach, skinUI, FontSmoother, TAKEphONE, 4cast, 2day, 2dial, TouchLauncher, TealWheel, Chatter, OperaMini, PowerHero, Butler, NVBackup, Destaller, Apt, Warden, CardReader, pTunes, CorePlayer, Kinoma, MunduRadio, Ringo, DateBk6, HandyShpr, PktQuicken, PearPrivacy, MegaCalc&Clock, KeyCaps755, AlwaysOn, LEDOff, PhoneDisconnect, WebLinks, McPhling, PalmPDF, eReader, some phwelo stuff & nearly 30 games, due to LinkStart, w/an 8GB card.
    I just dl'd Chimester. Like the look, I just wish I didn't make me unlock the built in kg as well as it's own.
    thanks...