1.    #1  
    Thanks.
    [list=1][*]HotSynch[*]Run the Palm Desktop on your PC (or Outlook or whatever). [*]Export the records to a text file.[*]Open file with a text editor that can do search and replace.[*]Replace the text that changed.[*]Delete old records from Palm Desktop.[*]Import new records into Palm Desktop[*]HotSynch[/list=1]

This seems like a lot of work, but actually only takes about ten minutes.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by bradhaak
    [list=1][*]HotSynch[*]Run the Palm Desktop on your PC (or Outlook or whatever). [*]Export the records to a text file.[*]Open file with a text editor that can do search and replace.[*]Replace the text that changed.[*]Delete old records from Palm Desktop.[*]Import new records into Palm Desktop[*]HotSynch[/list=1]

This seems like a lot of work, but actually only takes about ten minutes.
    What do you mean, #5, replace the text that changed? If you need to find duplicates, how "search and replace" command of my word processor can find them, if I don't know exactly which ones are duplicates? I'm sure, you meant something else, there is a point missing here, thanks in advance
    Originally posted by dentateck
    What do you mean, #5, replace the text that changed? If you need to find duplicates, how "search and replace" command of my word processor can find them, if I don't know exactly which ones are duplicates? I'm sure, you meant something else, there is a point missing here, thanks in advance
    the question was not finding duplicates. it's replacing a word that appears many times, like changing all instances of "stupid" to "dumb". so the "search and replace" will work perfectly.

however, exporting then importing a file can sometimes lead to bad output. more often than not, i end up finding erros in the export/import.

anyway, good luck good russian.

yeah, i wrote that ...