1.    #1  
    I've looked around and i cant find my answer. Does anyone know of a program that when launched locks down the system and makes you enter the system password to use it? I've seen a few programs that are the lock itself. What I'm looking for is a way to lock the phone with the default system lock. Any help would be appreciated.
    Why not use the one that's built in? Just tap the Security icon. You can set a password and set when you want the device to lock: Never, on Power Off, At a Preset Time or After a Preset Delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by travisxjenson View Post
    I've looked around and i cant find my answer. Does anyone know of a program that when launched locks down the system and makes you enter the system password to use it? I've seen a few programs that are the lock itself. What I'm looking for is a way to lock the phone with the default system lock. Any help would be appreciated.
    If I correctly understand your need (which isn't very clear ... to me), I use PetitLaunch for that.

I'll explain in case you aren't familiar with the app. First I installed that launcher (free) in my device, then open it and in Command window selected New, then selected System from the drop down menu, then selected .Lock and Off (a feature from Palm's own Security app) from the list. Then in Setting and/or Short Cut windows you configure the way you want PetitLauch to open and launch .Lock and Off. Then enable the app. The end.

It can be set it for faster action, but in Setting I selected Enable after Reset, Auto Command Execution and Opt.+HardKey3. That way, I call up the launcher pressing Option + Hardkey 3, then type the letter "L" to lock my Treo using the default system lock.

I like it because I can lock my phone quickly and from any running app (it works like a DA). Though it's not that dificult to just open Palm's Security app and select Lock & Turn Off from there. Of course, to use the Lock & Off feature from PetitLaunch or Security and then be prompted to type the password, you have to first asign a system password for your device.

PS: My device is a Treo 755p and I use PetitLaunch mainly to open DAs. Probably there are better options to acomplish what you want.
    Last edited by Cheker; 09/04/2008 at 02:38 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    If I correctly understand your need (which isn't very clear ... to me), I use PetitLaunch for that.

I'll explain in case you aren't familiar with the app. First I installed that launcher (free) in my device, then open it and in Command window selected New, then selected System from the drop down menu, then selected .Lock and Off (a feature from Palm's own Security app) from the list. Then in Setting and/or Short Cut windows you configure the way you want PetitLauch to open and launch .Lock and Off. Then enable the app. The end.

It can be set it for faster action, but in Setting I selected Enable after Reset, Auto Command Execution and Opt.+HardKey3. That way, I call up the launcher pressing Option + Hardkey 3, then type the letter "L" to lock my Treo using the default system lock.

I like it because I can lock my phone quickly and from any running app (it works like a DA). Though it's not that dificult to just open Palm's Security app and select Lock & Turn Off from there. Of course, to use the Lock & Off feature from PetitLaunch or Security and then be prompted to type the password, you have to first asign a system password for your device.

PS: My device is a Treo 755p and I use PetitLaunch mainly to open DAs. Probably there are better options to acomplish what you want.
    This is exactly the thing i was looking for. Thanks! It works great as well.