1.    #1  
    I have a Centro and have loaded some videos that I took with my digital camera onto the card. I have tried playing them with the standard phone software and also with the Core Pocket Media Player software and the video is always choppy and the sound isn't matching up with the video.

Since these videos were recorded on the digital camera and are in no way high quality (large file size) videos I really didn't think they would tax the Centro to play back but it just does not seem to play back video well at all.

Is it just me? Is there a solution to get the videos to play better?

The video files are .AVI files, 640x480.

Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    It comes down to what codec bitrate and framerate are in the video. Avi does not mean much, it can be encoded using a myriad of different formats.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    It comes down to what codec bitrate and framerate are in the video. Avi does not mean much, it can be encoded using a myriad of different formats.
    Can I determine this from the file?

Is there a way to make the video more Centro friendly?
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Well you could use something like g-spot
    (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/) or look in the manual of your camera.
    Anyhoo, I would convert your video for pda, if nothing else, it will reduce the size ;-) I'd use something like pocket DivX encoder (free http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/EN_index.htm ). Remember, Centro's resolution is 320X320
    Quote Originally Posted by deltamarsh View Post
    I have a Centro and have loaded some videos that I took with my digital camera onto the card. I have tried playing them with the standard phone software and also with the Core Pocket Media Player software and the video is always choppy and the sound isn't matching up with the video.

Since these videos were recorded on the digital camera and are in no way high quality (large file size) videos I really didn't think they would tax the Centro to play back but it just does not seem to play back video well at all.

Is it just me? Is there a solution to get the videos to play better?

The video files are .AVI files, 640x480.

Thanks for any help.
    This is probably a resource issue. My gues is that you have one or more applications running in the background that are consuming the CPU and this causes the choppy playback. You can load SafeGuard to see what applicaitons are running in the background. This information will allow you to turn off or remove those applications that are consuming the resources that are needed for video playback. There is also a performance feature in SafeGuard that will show you the background events that are used the most. In particular, look for applications that are using HEDE even notifications.

Jeff