1.    #1  
    Is there software that will restore the System, game, calendar, etc. volumes after a soft reset? Volume care handles the phone sounds, but I think those are the only ones that it restores.
    Bunches do. Good ones too. I use Resco Backup (pay) and have used NV Backup (free).
  3.    #3  
    ? I don't understand how you could use either of those programs. maybe I did not explain my problem well enough.

In Prefs>sounds and alerts I like to set the calendar volume to 3 and the sytem and game volumes to 2. After a soft reset, Palm sets those volumes all back to 7.

Is there a specific file that I can have saved away somewhere (like, Savedpreferences) that will put these volumes back to where I want them to be?

I am surprised that there is no software that just does this automatically...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
    Is there software that will restore the System, game, calendar, etc. volumes after a soft reset? Volume care handles the phone sounds, but I think those are the only ones that it restores.
    OK, this got me curious. I have a Sprint 700p and a Sprint Centro, both Palm OS.

I changed all the volumes in Prefs/Sounds & Alerts to what you said here, plus a couple others on both devices. I have Volume Care installed on the 700p and not on the Centro. I soft reset both devices twice using mReset set to the 'M' key, and soft reset both by pulling the battery.

My volumes previously set in Prefs/Sound & Alerts did not change. All came back at what they were set to before doing the soft resets.

I would suggest to you that you have issues with the Saved Prefs file, or you have some other issue with a 3rd party app that you installed.

I agree - I have a centro with no other software to change volume, sounds, etc... When I reset it is always at the level I left it. It doesn't change - actually doesn't like levels over 5 as it warns you that it's too loud
  6.    #6  
    hmmm...that is interesting. I am using a Treo 700p, verizon.

I actually loaded Lightwav today, because I thought I remembered that it would set the volumes based on a "profile", but that is not working either.

I cannot imagine what possible software could be interfering. Butler, Mvoice, reset doctor, power hero, Rlock, Ludusp, keycaps, phone technician.

Now, with Volume care installed, interestingly, the volume for "phone alerts" gets set to 5 after a reset--all others are at 7
    hmmm...that is interesting. I am using a Treo 700p, verizon.

I actually loaded Lightwav today, because I thought I remembered that it would set the volumes based on a "profile", but that is not working either.

I cannot imagine what possible software could be interfering. Butler, Mvoice, reset doctor, power hero, Rlock, Ludusp, keycaps, phone technician.

Now, with Volume care installed, interestingly, the volume for "phone alerts" gets set to 5 after a reset--all others are at 7
    You said in your original post that you have VolumeCare installed. Now you have LightWav (both have volume settings) and three profile apps, Butler, PowerHero and Phone Technician. Don't you see a potential application conflict here?

Delete LightWav , Butler, PowerHero and Phone Technician, soft reset afterwards and set your Sounds & Alerts volumes and soft reset again. See if they are still set the same. If they are, make a decision on which of the deleted apps you want to run on your device.

Last edited by treotraveler; 09/02/2008 at 08:57 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    You said in your original post that you have VolumeCare installed. Now you have LightWav (both have volume settings) and three profile apps, Butler, PowerHero and Phone Technician. Don't you see a potential application conflict here?

Delete LightWav , Butler, PowerHero and Phone Technician, soft reset afterwards and set your Sounds & Alerts volumes and soft reset again. See if they are still set the same. If they are, make a decision on which of the deleted apps you want to run on your device.

Well, I guess I was thinking that PH, and Phone Tech do not affect the volumes in any way, and only Butler and PH have profiling abilities (which I do use) I figured those are safe.

I just reinstalled Lightwav today in an effort to fix this, and actually, I did figure out that Lightwav can do what I want--I just had to go back and read the manual again. Volume care wasn't working for this aspect so I'm just going to delete it...thanks
    Last edited by edelweiss; 09/02/2008 at 09:39 PM.
    The saving of saved preferences: Reset Doctor - www.hobbyistsoftware.com and Resco Backup - www.resco.net

Both applications do that and if you do a backup/hard reset and then restore from the last backup, then everything is at the level that was being used when the device was backed up.

Have you looked at the supped up version of VolumeCare?

? I don't understand how you could use either of those programs. maybe I did not explain my problem well enough.

In Prefs>sounds and alerts I like to set the calendar volume to 3 and the sytem and game volumes to 2. After a soft reset, Palm sets those volumes all back to 7.

Is there a specific file that I can have saved away somewhere (like, Savedpreferences) that will put these volumes back to where I want them to be?

I am surprised that there is no software that just does this automatically...thanks