Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    studentdoctor,

Here is the latest version called "CallStop";

Download CallStop 0.9.1 here:

http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op...Beta&Itemid=23

I don't know the the answer to the registering requirement.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studentdoctor View Post
    Will the file remain free after the 37 days but only require registering?
    I can't find the file to download and the link doesn't work :-(
    Thanks MG for pointing out the correct link. Sorry I changed directory names and didn't think about those first links.

CallStop isn't freeware so registering won't be free. The retail price for CallStop hasn't been determined yet but I'm thinking of $8.00 like PhoneSwitch Deluxe.
    Not a big issue at the moment, but I just downloaded the latest version, and it shows up in Preference as "Callstop", but the actual app still says BWApp005. Also, I use Fastlaunch to access all my apps, and it comes up as BWApp005 there as well.

Let me see if I understand this correctly,
    I want to block ALL calls EXCEPT Work calls, so do I need to set up each and every category?

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    I like the fact that the blocked call log is separate from the phone call log.
    Thats crucial.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Hey Everybody,

I have two pieces of great news. The first is that there's a brand new release available. This release introduces an additional attention manager alert feature. What this feature does is post a silent background alert causing the little bell (or asterisk on older devices) to blink. The alert says who was blocked and at what time. This feature can be enabled independently for each category. You can set your personal contacts to be blocked at night when you're sleeping then view the alerts the following morning to see who was blocked and call back any as necessary. You can choose to disable this feature for your "blocked" category so that telemarketers and whatnot disappear forever. You can choose to disable this feature for your "blocked" category so that telemarketers and whatnot disappear forever.
    I like it - had a chance to try it today - works great!

The second piece of good news is that I have decided on a name. Actually my wife picked her favorites then we agreed on one. I know that I was going to put up a poll but we only came up with three choices so we just picked one. Anyhow, congratulations to MouseGlider, we decided to use the oh-so-simple "CallStop" (Send me an email MouseGlider so that we can discuss your free software and crediting info).
    Thanks! I'll send you an email.

Anyhow, I'll quit rambling on and on and just post the link to the download. So here ya go... Download CallStop 0.9.1 here: http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op...Beta&Itemid=23

- Phil -

As a note, in the registration page, you can't seem to use the "Dpad" to scroll around to the different options. Also the little check box for the future "add to Call Log" changes from a box like it is supposed to be into a single vertical slash (left part of the box) if the screen blanks after a power off and then on again sequence. Both of these last statements are just minor to appearance bugs I think.

I am just starting to understand the way it works - I think it takes some playing around with it to fully understand the options you have - thanks for the above examples - those examples and some more instructions would be nice to have in a help file.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 09/08/2008 at 08:33 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Not a big issue at the moment, but I just downloaded the latest version, and it shows up in Preference as "Callstop", but the actual app still says BWApp005. Also, I use Fastlaunch to access all my apps, and it comes up as BWApp005 there as well.
    I uninstalled BWApp005 from the standard launcher and then installed the new CallStop.prc and my tab displays the name correctly as CallStop - then I did a soft reset after the install. Maybe it will help?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Hey Everybody,

.....The first is that there's a brand new release available. This release introduces an additional attention manager alert feature. What this feature does is post a silent background alert causing the little bell (or asterisk on older devices) to blink. The alert says who was blocked and at what time. This feature can be enabled independently for each category. You can set your personal contacts to be blocked at night when you're sleeping then view the alerts the following morning to see who was blocked and call back any as necessary. You can choose to disable this feature for your "blocked" category so that telemarketers and whatnot disappear forever.
    - Phil -
    Where's the bell/asterisk? It didn't appear when I had a blocked call.

eta: Never mind............... figured it out, thanks to MG!
    Last edited by Delpita; 09/07/2008 at 10:31 PM.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I uninstalled BWApp005 from the standard launcher and then installed the new CallStop.prc and my tab displays the name correctly as CallStop - then I did a soft reset after the install. Maybe it will help?
    Oh, ok........... thanks MG........ I'll try that now........

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Ok, it worked. Thanks again MG. (No need to soft reset either.) And now I see the Check box for "Alert When Blocked". So disregard my other post.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Delpita,

You are probably right about not needing to do a reset - its just that I tend to do that after a beta install especially with a new name. Glad its working fine though.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    I like the fact that the blocked call log is separate from the phone call log.
    Thats crucial.
    Are you saying that you'd like a separate log for blocked calls instead of the built in one?
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Let me see if I understand this correctly,
    I want to block ALL calls EXCEPT Work calls, so do I need to set up each and every category?
    That's correct. If you want all calls to block during work hours just set all catagories (except work) to block Mon-Fri from 9 to 5 (or whatever your hours are)
    So far, I think this app is going to work great and exactly what I've been looking for the past few months. But..... how soon do you think you'll implement the SMS? I get a lot of SMS and wouldn't want my boss to hear them, LOL!! I would only like it to block the sound, but not the actual SMS.

Also, would it bloat the app too much to be able to set scheduled "Blocked calls" throughout the day? ie, Block all calls from 8am-1pm, then Block all calls from 2pm-5pm?
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    BUG FOUND IN 0.9/0.9.1

Hey Everybody,

I have discovered a bug when a call is received right after another call is received or blocked. I've found the call that comes in right after the last is treated like the last call.

Example 1: Call comes in and is blocked properly. Another call comes in immediately after the first call is blocked and is blocked as well and the notification shows the first call was basically blocked twice. Fortunately the caller can leave a voicemail so you can call them back.

Example 2: Call comes in and isn't blocked (because it's not supposed to be), you answer, talk a bit, then hang up. A second call comes in and *should* be blocked but isn't. Fortunately with this bug it does show the correct caller ID and you can ignore it manually.

I'm looking in to a fix for this bug. I'm pretty sure the reason it's happening is because CallStop merely "acknowledges" the call but doesn't disconnect it. So while the other end is listening to rings, CallStop thinks that call is still connected and seems to treat new calls as the same.

If you get a *lot* of calls right after each other you may want to wait for the next release to continue using CallStop; if you're a casual user that only gets a few calls per hour then this shouldn't affect you much at all.

- Phil -
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    So far, I think this app is going to work great and exactly what I've been looking for the past few months. But..... how soon do you think you'll implement the SMS? I get a lot of SMS and wouldn't want my boss to hear them, LOL!! I would only like it to block the sound, but not the actual SMS.

Also, would it bloat the app too much to be able to set scheduled "Blocked calls" throughout the day? ie, Block all calls from 8am-1pm, then Block all calls from 2pm-5pm?
    As I wasn't originally intending on adding SMS functionality I really don't have a time frame as to when I would have it implemented. Unfortunately if I were to block SMS messages the same way I block calls you wouldn't get them at all, so it'll take a little more work to ensure you still get them but don't get the alert.

As far as scheduling multiple times per day goes.... it's possible and wouldn't make it *too* bloated, I'll have to think of the best method for this and get back to you.

- Phil -
    As I wasn't originally intending on adding SMS functionality I really don't have a time frame as to when I would have it implemented.
    Phil... If and when you get to the SMS thingy. Don't forget to handle the "priority" in messages. Where I live, many spam messages are marked "high priority" and are not caught by blocking applications (defeating the purpose). It is amazing that one cannot set the priority for SMSs on the mobile but spammers can do it w/o problems.

I really like the new CallStop name. And the past few days I've tried it, has worked well.

Regards,

- mvk
    Game over!
    As I wasn't originally intending on adding SMS functionality I really don't have a time frame as to when I would have it implemented. Unfortunately if I were to block SMS messages the same way I block calls you wouldn't get them at all, so it'll take a little more work to ensure you still get them but don't get the alert.

As far as scheduling multiple times per day goes.... it's possible and wouldn't make it *too* bloated, I'll have to think of the best method for this and get back to you.

- Phil -
    Please, please, PLEEEEEEZE (with whip cream and a cherry on top, and a smiley face guy too ) think about the SMS feature. Perhaps, instead of blocking, have it (the ringtone) silenced?

Also, what about voicemail ringtones? If a call is blocked, and they leave me a voicemail message, my ringtone will play to notify me. Any way to just have this silenced as well?

I know you're trying to keep this app light, so sorry for bringing up things. But, scenarios keep popping in my head, and I foresee my boss getting mad about my cellphone ringing. Right now, I just use my rocker switch, and I can sometimes 'hear' my Treo vibrate, however, when I don't hear it vibrating, then I may have missed a call from one of our techs.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Are you saying that you'd like a separate log for blocked calls instead of the built in one?
    Only if it's an option. That is a feature that would make me not use CallStop.
    Well let me describe to you how and most importantly why I use "callfilter"

*(In no way or form am I comparing the 2, nor am I demanding anything, I'm just trying to give an honest critique.)*

First I'm going to describe why I need a solid Call filter.
    In my line of work, the company that i work for, pays for our work phone. They also allow me to use my work phone as my personal phone.
    *Sprint simply everything plan*
    Now; I have clients that use my phone all the time at different times of the day.
    I enable "callfilter" while they are using my phone.
    After they are done, I am able to log into callfilter the app, and I can see if anyone has called or sent me a sms in the "callfilter" call log. This is a feature that I like a lot because that way if I have a client that just happens to brows through my phone they are not able to read my sms nor look at my contacts unless they know my password for callfilter.
    This entitles me to know who called or wrote.
    That's the plus of have a security feature.
    Recently I figured that when my CallFilter is enabled while I'm at work and I am on my 755. The call waiting on the filter doesn't intercept the incoming call that should be filtered while the call is active.
    Thats pretty troublesome because that kind of defeats the purpose of hiding contacts.

I just wanted to show the professional side of the use of a Call Filter.
    I was not a ware that people got spam on their phones and that's why they need it. *luckily that hasn't happened to me yet*
    I would really like to see "CallBlock" work as a simple app for the people that need to block spam; But also for people like me that may need it for security reasons and/or work, and still be able to have all of their filter logged securely .
    Last edited by Fully_Amazing; 09/08/2008 at 04:32 PM.
    I know we all have requests for CallStop to do this and that, but you originally said that this program has a small footprint, maybe we could have a Basic and a Deluxe version like PhoneSwitch?

Although I would like to see CallStop to be the ultimate Call Blocker - don't make the footprint too big - just a thought. I am not a programmer, so I don't know what can be done before it becomes bloated.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 09/08/2008 at 09:08 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast