Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Alright Everybody, the nameless beta is available for download now. I've decided to release it as a public beta with a standard 37 day trial. Registering won't be available for a few more weeks (definitely before trials start expiring). Download it here: http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op....prc&Itemid=23

Installation Instructions:
    - Download and install (will be called BWApp0005 for now)
    - Access via system preferences
    - Don't forget to push enable!

* This trial is 100% fully functioning during the 37 days.

Enjoy,
    - Phil -
    BoraWare
    I just DL'd and installed the Call Blocker app - unless I don't understand, but when I choose a "catagory" and hit "Done" than if I go back into the program and to check to see if the catagory held, the catagory seems to default back to "unfiled". Is that the way it is?

OR

Unless it stays at that catatgory and only changes when you go back into the application.

Also I am going to assume that you have to highlight the days that you want the call blocking to work.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    When you change the catagory it switches to the blocking options for that catagory. It will always start on the "unfiled" catagory but you can just change it to another one that you'd like to modify. All settings are saved either when you click done or exit the app any other way. And yes, highlight the days you'd like blocking to work on, then select the time span you'd like the calls to be blocked on.

Example:
    Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri
    Time *Is* Between
    9:00AM And 5:00PM
    -- This will block all calls Mon-Fri between 9:00AM and 5:00PM

Example
    Sun,Mon,Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri, Sat
    Time *isn't* Between
    8:00AM And 9:00PM
    --This will block all calls that are before 8AM or after 9PM.

If you have any more questions just ask.

- Phil -
    I'm confused...........

I want to block ALL calls except "Work" between 8:00am to 5:00pm, M-F
    So is this the setup???

Mon,Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri
    Time *is* Between
    8:00 am and 5:00 pm
    Send to Voicemail

All calls will then be sent to my voicemail? What about SMS?

I tried this setup, and it seems to work, but I'm wondering, does every category need to have a setup?

Also, if a call is blocked, my cell does not ring and the caller is sent to my voicemail, which is as it should be. However, if I take a look at my phone call log, I am not notified of any missed calls. So, throughout the day, I could be continuing to look at my phone, see that I have NO missed calls, and assume everything is peachy-keen. Yet, suppose there's an emergency, and someone HAS been trying to call, but I don't "know" because the call(s) is NOT being registered at all.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Delpita has some good points. I would like to add this to her comments; it would be nice to be able to put a tick mark on catatgories you want to block - maybe add a "drop down" where you could simply check which catagory(s) you want to block. I have my contacts in 15 catagories - only being able to choose one limits the program.

I would also like to see if you could keep the catagory checked when you go back into the program to change or simply check the settings. My memory being bad it would be like a saftey check of sorts to see what settings I had. Simuliar in a way that you can see the current settings for *is* *isn't* and the times you set are always there.

To be able to check multiple catagories and not to default back to "unfiled" I think would really be helpful.

So far no crashes or lockups on my 755p.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 09/04/2008 at 10:17 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    I'm confused...........

I want to block ALL calls except "Work" between 8:00am to 5:00pm, M-F
    So is this the setup???

Mon,Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri
    Time *is* Between
    8:00 am and 5:00 pm
    Send to Voicemail
    To block *all* calls except work you'd need to enable Mon,Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri from 12:00am to 11:59pm for all catagories then set the work catagory to Mon,Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri Time *isn't* between 8am and 5PM. Remember, you're setting what days/times it *is* blocking. So if you want it to block everything *except* a certain time you need to change between from is to isn't.

All calls will then be sent to my voicemail? What about SMS?
    SMS Blocking isn't an option yet

I tried this setup, and it seems to work, but I'm wondering, does every category need to have a setup?
    It depends on how you want things to work. If you don't setup a catagory it won't block any calls. If you have a lot of catagories it could take a few minutes to set up everything the way you want but once it's done it's done.

Also, if a call is blocked, my cell does not ring and the caller is sent to my voicemail, which is as it should be. However, if I take a look at my phone call log, I am not notified of any missed calls. So, throughout the day, I could be continuing to look at my phone, see that I have NO missed calls, and assume everything is peachy-keen. Yet, suppose there's an emergency, and someone HAS been trying to call, but I don't "know" because the call(s) is NOT being registered at all.
    This is a limitation of the 0.9 beta only. I decided to exclude all of the blocked call notification features in this beta so as to eliminate possible bugs. Once I get reports that the main PalmOS devices are running this beta without problems I will add some blocked call notification features. I've already planned to use the notification manager and possibly add entries to the recent call list.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Delpita has some good points. I would like to add this to her comments; it would be nice to be able to put a tick mark on catatgories you want to block - maybe add a "drop down" where you could simply check which catagory(s) you want to block. I have my contacts in 15 catagories - only being able to choose one limits the program.
    I will see about adding a "Block All" and "Unblock All" button to the options as well.

I would also like to see if you could keep the catagory checked when you go back into the program to change or simply check the settings. My memory being bad it would be like a saftey check of sorts to see what settings I had. Simuliar in a way that you can see the current settings for *is* *isn't* and the times you set are always there.

To be able to check multiple catagories and not to default back to "unfiled" I think would really be helpful.
    I'll change the next beta so that it remembers the last catagory you modified.

So far no crashes or lockups on my 755p.
    That's great to hear.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Here are some examples of common setups:

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-blocked.JPG
    Using this configuration would block *all* calls every hour of every day

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-business.JPG
    This configuration would block all business calls if they *are not* between 9am and 5pm.

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-personal.JPG
    This configuration would block all personal calls that come in at night (when you're usually sleeping).

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-vip.JPG
    This is the VIP configuration I use to set certain contacts to never be blocked.

I hope this helps,
    - Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Here are some examples of common setups:

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-blocked.JPG
    Using this configuration would block *all* calls every hour of every day

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-business.JPG
    This configuration would block all business calls if they *are not* between 9am and 5pm.

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-personal.JPG
    This configuration would block all personal calls that come in at night (when you're usually sleeping).

http://www.boraware.com/misc/bwapp-vip.JPG
    This is the VIP configuration I use to set certain contacts to never be blocked.

I hope this helps,
    - Phil -
    Bora, I have a question for you, my ex-husband loves to call me from his private number, on my old phone, I allowed calls only from my phone book, and occaisionally his number as well, lol, This forced him to unblock his number and show me who he was calling, Then when I removed him from my phone book, he couldn't call in at all, when he wanted to be pesty. on the Treo 800w, I don't have this option, it just shows an unknown caller, but doesn't block it, and i dont have the option to receive calls just from my phone book either. Will your program allow these options? or is their a program out there that will allow these call block options that you know of? Thanks You and am anxiously awaiting your reply. lol
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    Bora, I have a question for you, my ex-husband loves to call me from his private number, on my old phone, I allowed calls only from my phone book, and occaisionally his number as well, lol, This forced him to unblock his number and show me who he was calling, Then when I removed him from my phone book, he couldn't call in at all, when he wanted to be pesty. on the Treo 800w, I don't have this option, it just shows an unknown caller, but doesn't block it, and i dont have the option to receive calls just from my phone book either. Will your program allow these options? or is their a program out there that will allow these call block options that you know of? Thanks You and am anxiously awaiting your reply. lol
    Two things: First, this is for PalmOS based Treos not Windows so it won't work on the 800w. Second (to answer this question for other people), I will be adding the option to block "Unknown Numbers" and "Blocked Caller ID Numbers" in the next release.
    Two things: First, this is for PalmOS based Treos not Windows so it won't work on the 800w. Second (to answer this question for other people), I will be adding the option to block "Unknown Numbers" and "Blocked Caller ID Numbers" in the next release.
    Bora, If and when you release this program for the Treo 800w, I have just the person to test it on, please let me know, I'll be more than happy to test it for you. lol Tyaz
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
    To block *all* calls except work you'd need to enable Mon,Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri from 12:00am to 11:59pm for all catagories then set the work catagory to Mon,Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri Time *isn't* between 8am and 5PM. Remember, you're setting what days/times it *is* blocking. So if you want it to block everything *except* a certain time you need to change between from is to isn't.
    Thanks for that explanation. It makes sense now (well, after I read what you wrote about 5 times, LOL!)

SMS Blocking isn't an option yet
    Sooooon, I hope. That's (one of) my main reason for wanting a 'simple' call blocking app. I sometimes forget to toggle my ringer switch. So my phone either rings because I forgot to turn it off, or I don't hear it because I forgot to turn it back on after work. However, a few techs out in the field like to call my cellphone so that they can by-pass the office main switchboard, yet if I have my phone off, then I can't hear my phone ring, unless I get lucky and happen to hear the vibration.

This is a limitation of the 0.9 beta only. I decided to exclude all of the blocked call notification features in this beta so as to eliminate possible bugs. Once I get reports that the main PalmOS devices are running this beta without problems I will add some blocked call notification features. I've already planned to use the notification manager and possibly add entries to the recent call list.
    I'll change the next beta so that it remembers the last catagory you modified.
    Okee dokee......... sounds good to me! Thanks for showing the VIP config, that really helped clear things up.

Another suggestion, (if it doesn't make your app too bloated) is to have a Help/info screen. Just a few simple explanations to make it easier for people to set up.

So far there are a lot of good candidates. I'll put my top picks in a poll on boraware.com tonight and let people vote on it. I'll also raise the stakes, if I pick yours you'll not only get a free copy of the yet to be named program but also a free copy of PhoneSwitch Deluxe... so keep them coming!
    Ummmmm............ have you had a chance to put the poll up yet? You should put a smiley face somewhere in that poll, just to irk Treo Musketeers. (Or better yet, put a smiley face somewhere in your app! Now THAT is a GREAT idea!! LOL!)

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Other possible names: CallSnooze - CallSnoozer - CallSilense - CallSilenser - CallStop - CallStopper.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Hey Everybody,

I have two pieces of great news. The first is that there's a brand new release available. This release introduces an additional attention manager alert feature. What this feature does is post a silent background alert causing the little bell (or asterisk on older devices) to blink. The alert says who was blocked and at what time. This feature can be enabled independently for each category. You can set your personal contacts to be blocked at night when you're sleeping then view the alerts the following morning to see who was blocked and call back any as necessary. You can choose to disable this feature for your "blocked" category so that telemarketers and whatnot disappear forever. The second piece of good news is that I have decided on a name. Actually my wife picked her favorites then we agreed on one. I know that I was going to put up a poll but we only came up with three choices so we just picked one. Anyhow, congratulations to MouseGlider, we decided to use the oh-so-simple "CallStop" (Send me an email MouseGlider so that we can discuss your free software and crediting info). Anyhow, I'll quit rambling on and on and just post the link to the download. So here ya go... Download CallStop 0.9.1 here: http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op...Beta&Itemid=23

- Phil -
    Last edited by BoraWare; 09/07/2008 at 12:20 AM.
    One big problem I have with "CallFilter,"
    is that while it is enabled and you are already on a call.
    The call waiting caller i.d. shows the blocked contact. This only happenes when while you are on a call.
    Also one TakePhone in the little bar that tells you your last call.
    when incoming calls that should be filtered.
    The blocked contact still shows up as incoming.

I was wondering if you would be addressing any of theses issues???
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    One big problem I have with "CallFilter,"
    is that while it is enabled and you are already on a call.
    The call waiting caller i.d. shows the blocked contact. This only happenes when while you are on a call.
    Also one TakePhone in the little bar that tells you your last call.
    when incoming calls that should be filtered.
    The blocked contact still shows up as incoming.

I was wondering if you would be addressing any of theses issues???
    That's a good point, this should be a relatively simple problem to fix. Let me whip up an experimental app for you to try. I'll post a link to it here in a bit.

- Phil -
    Cool!!!
    I've been Dieing for someone to perfect a call filter.

Also?? Will there be a missed call log and a sms log, so that you can still read the sms you want blocked???

Will there also be a security feature so that you have an option to log in a pass word so that these logs will remain secure and private???

*I can't wait to try this*
    Sounds real good!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I use the "Call Block" app and the one thing I hate is that the block log is separate from my primary phone log. I even bought the "Phone Log" app, hoping to integrate the two logs, but the blocked calls are only listed within the "Call Block" app. So, it would be really nice if "CallStop" had an option to log calls in the main call log so I can easily check in one place.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Cool!!!
    Also?? Will there be a missed call log and a sms log, so that you can still read the sms you want blocked???
    First off, I'm already working on adding the missed calls to the built in call log. (This is the answer to PiggyGirl's question as well) As far as SMS blocking goes, I'm not going to add any SMS blocking options until after the 1.0 version is released.

Will there also be a security feature so that you have an option to log in a pass word so that these logs will remain secure and private???
    Since there won't be any sort of built in log I don't think password blocking would be an option.
    Alright Everybody, the nameless beta is available for download now. I've decided to release it as a public beta with a standard 37 day trial. Registering won't be available for a few more weeks (definitely before trials start expiring). Download it here: http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op....prc&Itemid=23

Installation Instructions:
    - Download and install (will be called BWApp0005 for now)
    - Access via system preferences
    - Don't forget to push enable!

* This trial is 100% fully functioning during the 37 days.

Enjoy,
    - Phil -
    BoraWare
    Will the file remain free after the 37 days but only require registering?
    I can't find the file to download and the link doesn't work :-(
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast