Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have been searching in vain for any information on a setting in Windows Mobile that will automatically answer a call when the bluetooth headset is paired with either a treo 750, 800w or Pro. This option is available on the Palm OS phones in the Hands-Free menu in Preferences. There is nothing in the Treo 800W manual, my Jawbone doesn't offer an auto answer feature, searching via Yahoo or Google is fruitless. Am I missing something so obvious that nobody else needs the answer to this? Can Anyone help a WM Noob? (Newb?)(whatever...)
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
  2. OMC
    I'd love to know also. That is one of the things I really miss.
    I looked hard for that option for the first 2 days.
    Some WM phones have this option in the phone settings apparently, but I don't see it on my phone.

PhoneAlarm advertises an auto answer feature for bluetooth headsets.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I found this feature in the phonealarm manual. This could unlock the world of Windows Mobile for me.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
  6. OMC
    huh... I can't get any of the skins to display correctly. They are all small and shoved to the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    I have been searching in vain for any information on a setting in Windows Mobile that will automatically answer a call when the bluetooth headset is paired with either a treo 750, 800w or Pro. This option is available on the Palm OS phones in the Hands-Free menu in Preferences. There is nothing in the Treo 800W manual, my Jawbone doesn't offer an auto answer feature, searching via Yahoo or Google is fruitless. Am I missing something so obvious that nobody else needs the answer to this? Can Anyone help a WM Noob? (Newb?)(whatever...)
    One of the wonderfull things about Windows mobile. No bluetooth auto answer.

When the BT device is paired with the 800w for example, setting it to handsfree only allows the BT headset to work. And allows you to answer the call via button press on the headset.

No auto answer like on Palm OS. I would loved to be proved wrong on this, as I am not able to find a true handsfree setting. I even looked under the battery

Quote Originally Posted by OMC View Post
    huh... I can't get any of the skins to display correctly. They are all small and shoved to the left.
    I assume you are talking about PhoneAlarm skins. You'll need to use a 320x320 skin for the 800w. See this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169977
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Any of you guys with phonealarm try the bluetooth auto answer setting?

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post

No auto answer like on Palm OS. I would loved to be proved wrong on this, as I am not able to find a true handsfree setting. I even looked under the battery

But did you look at the battery itself? I seem to recall that this is where the wifi module was hidden.......
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    Any of you guys with phonealarm try the bluetooth auto answer setting?

But did you look at the battery itself? I seem to recall that this is where the wifi module was hidden.......
    Yeah, I did and it didn't work. What it did do was cancel out the BT headset. That's the reason I did not buy PhoneAlarm. Maybe someone got it working.

I tried it also without success.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I found this in the beta tester forum in response to a treo 750 user who could not get his bluetooth headset to auto answer:
    "Hi,
    The auto-answer on the profiles tab matches to system auto-answer and it ONLY works if (cabled) headset is attached.
    To get it to always answer - activate the "Auto-pickup" option on the Advanced Settings tab."

I don't know if this will help. I only have a Treo 680, so I can't test any of this stuff, and I don't want the TP if I can't get it to bluetooth auto answer. ( I'd rather not order and then try to return the phone...)I'm sure I'm not alone.....