1.    #1  
    Between a 755p and 700p? Other than no antenna and maybe the version of POS and more memory? Any significant differences?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    None really. Maybe a little better proccessor. However, the more memory is a big difference.

ET
    They usually use different chipsets and whatnot. There are various internal hardware differences even between the Centro and the 755p.
    My experience in using the two devices is night & day. The 755 has been 100x more stable than the 700p. This thing is rock solid. Faster & never resets.
    Yeah I never had a 700p, but I heard a lot of nightmare stories on this board. My 755p was quite solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    My experience in using the two devices is night & day. The 755 has been 100x more stable than the 700p. This thing is rock solid. Faster & never resets.

Never had a 700p, but did have a 700wx. The 755p I have now resets itself once-twice a week, usually when I am switching to between messages and/or emails. Otherwise it's pretty solid.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I had both. 700p was a huge mistake by Palm. The 755p is much more stable. Rubber casing is very nice too. This should have been the successor to the 650. However, if you are very happy with your 700p and have no issues at all, the 755p may not be a worthwhile upgrade. Consider the centro is you need a new gadget or wait for Nova in 2009 (maybe).
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm a few months in to a 755p after ~18months with a 700p I mean the 755p beta. Slightly faster, slightly more stable, different sized memory card, much better memory card location and cover, non-slip surface, ringer volume more like the 700p before the "update," facebook and gmaps pre-installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Between a 755p and 700p? Other than no antenna and maybe the version of POS and more memory? Any significant differences?
    I had a Treo 600 for 5 years. It only crashed/ froze/ or rebooted (whatever you want to call it) about once a month. Here's what you can expect from a 755p: Daily 4, 5, 6, or more crashes / freezes / or reboots (whatever you want to call it). This thing is a nightmare. After a week of this, I had it replaced, and the new one still does the same thing. the ##377 (Dial) system error log never catches any of these system crashes/freezes/ reboots (or whatever you want to call them). Why? I think Palm is trying to hide the problems this thing has. Why else wouldn't' the system error log catch the crashes, freezes, and automatic reboots? I'm really in a quandry because I don't know of any better phone than the treo. I'm seriously thinking of going back to my Treo 600 because it was rock solid.
    They are the same, you can cross flash a 755p rom into a 700p, see the 700p forums for details
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    They are the same, you can cross flash a 755p rom into a 700p, see the 700p forums for details

True I crossed flash my 700p with the 755p ROM, only problem is the instant messaging app "IM" that comes with the new ROM still recognizes it as 700p and will not work..
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    True I crossed flash my 700p with the 755p ROM, only problem is the instant messaging app "IM" that comes with the new ROM still recognizes it as 700p and will not work..
    Well I mean "overall". (ie: if it they were not the same, you would get MORE incompatible/freeze/brick)

If you really HAVE to use the IM program from the 755p then you have no choice but to buy the 755p.
    (again I personally don't IM so can't help much)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    That counts toward your text messages anyway. Use a true IM client like MunduIM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Toccer, as long as you don't want other IM clients It's nice that it has a direct connection to AIM though.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Differences between 755p vs. 700p
    (I've noticed a slight improvement in earpiece & speakerphone volume on my 755p vs. my old 700p's but that could be attributed to differences from one device to the next). Overall reception is moderately worse on my 755p due to the internal antenna but it actually holds a signal better in fringe areas.

755P Improvements :
    -Smaller, much more stylish formfactor w/ no external antenna
    -Side-mounted IR port & miniSD port w/ door
    -"2in1" segmented hard app buttons instead of 700p's 4 separate app buttons
    -Deeper, textured d-pad on 755p
    -Marginally better camera image quality
    -Less lag & more stable (compared to even the patched 700p ROM)
    -Rubberized soft touch paint
    -Ring/vibrate switch up to is more textured, stiffer, and flatter
    -Officially compatible with Palm's FaceBook app

755p Cons:
    -Slightly smaller, more rounded keyboard shape (I typed a bit faster & more accurately on my 700p)
    -No backlight on the spacebar or d-pad arrows
    -Cheaper, thinner, flimsier plastic/metal stylus instead of all-metal stylus on 700p
    -No reset button
    -Keyboard & hard button backlighting is slightly splotchy (apparently they used fewer LEDs)
    -1600mAh stock battery capacity vs. 1800mAh stock battery in 700p
    -miniSD instead of fullsize SD/SDHC means smaller, pricier, less compatible cards that cannot be swapped with other SD devices without use of an adapter. I really wish Palm had kept the 680's fullsize slot on the 750/755p!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    The paint alone is enough of a reason imo