1.    #1  
    My old 700p is dead. Sprint is giving me a new 755p. So...what do I need to do to get everything from my old 700p over to my 755? I assume its not as simple as a hotsync? There are only two after market programs I care about...and my memos and contacts. The programs are PDANet and TomTom 6.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Taking the time to ensure you have the latest releases and after proper installation, you should expect a more stable operation. You can transfer your PIM files, and yes you can transfer via hotsync, but really, take the time to do it properly, one at a time and that will make it easier on you if a problem should occur.

PDANet and TT work fine. A bit of reading will answer any questions you have on the transfer subject itself.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Is there a FAQ on making tis transition safely? Like the best way to ensure all does well?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Be sure to keep your hotsync name when you switch smartphones, or you'll have to re-license lots of software.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
  5.    #5  
    Thanks...anyone have any specifics on how to safely get all the stuff from my 700p onto my 755?
    Dave