1.    #1  
    I'm about to buy the 3 set of these but wanted to hear if people think they're crap before throwing down the money! Thanks!
    I have the seidio ones and they work great! But its on the opposite end rather than inside the stylus part like the Treo 7xx series.
    I have the pen stylus for my Centro and the non-Pen for my 800w. I rarely use the pen feature on the Centro so I went non-pen on the 800w. Both work well as a stylus, sturdy and functional.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w@ntonsoup View Post
    I'm about to buy the 3 set of these but wanted to hear if people think they're crap before throwing down the money! Thanks!
    If you are just after a more rigid stylus and don't really need a pen, several on Ebay sell a metal Centro stylus in qty 1, 3, or 5. I believe I got 5 for about $12 shipped. Much better than that wimpy flexy one it comes with. I always carry a cross pen so didn't need a pen in the Centro. I've heard they don't last long anyway...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks - ordered some styli today, I'll report my experience down the road...
    i have the seidio pen stylus and while i don't need the pen often i have used it when nothing else was available. i like it alot. my daughter has a no name brand off ebay and the pen cap spins making it hard to grasp.
    I have the seidio pen stylus, and it comes in handy all the time.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if I have the exact same model as you intend to buy, but I do have a ballpoint pen stylus. It works fine for me. Being metal rather than plastic, it's a bit firmer and sturdier than the plastic one that comes with the Centro. I don't use the pen all that much, but it's nice to know that it's there if I ever need it.
    I use the Seidio pen stylus in my Sprint Centro. It's great having a pen at all times - and it is a lot more sturdy than the original "coffee stirrer" stylus.

However, I do find that it harms reception in marginal coverage areas. In my office I often remove the stylus because it means the difference between one and no bars. Just something to be aware of.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    I do find that it harms reception in marginal coverage areas.
    I'm very curious to hear others experience in testing this theory! I have been meaning to buy a rigid stylus for my 755p, but never considered them as a signal blocker.

Have others noticed this?
    [QUOTE=bbtkd;1491460]If you are just after a more rigid stylus and don't really need a pen, several on Ebay sell a metal Centro stylus in qty 1, 3, or 5. I believe I got 5 for about $12 shipped. Much better than that wimpy flexy one it comes with. I always carry a cross pen so didn't need a pen in the Centro. I've heard they don't last long anyway...[/QUOT

Is the stylus in the Centros really that bad? Are there any sturdier stylus available less than $12? I'm probably getting a Centro via ATT, but trying to limit how much I spend on accessories.
    I bought the non - pen metal stylus for my Centro from Seidio & it works well.
    Good Luck
  13.    #13  
    Just got the pen stylus ("fosman" brand from ebay) and I love it. Sturdy and pen works great. Highly recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Is the stylus in the Centros really that bad? Are there any sturdier stylus available less than $12? I'm probably getting a Centro via ATT, but trying to limit how much I spend on accessories.
    Yes. It's plastic and flimsy and makes it near-impossible to retain much-needed accuracy in programs like JazzyDraw and DiddleBug. A metal stylus feels much more sturdy and natural to use.
    [QUOTE=treo800want;1493390]
    Is the stylus in the Centros really that bad?[QUOTE]

It is really bad. But I would wait until you get the new Centro and determine for yourself.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  16.    #16  
    Sure, it's a terrible flimsy stylus. For a few dollars, you get a nice one. Not a big deal :-)
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the bundled stylus is a POS.

makes the plastic ones that come with nindendo's look like power user versions.