1.    #1  
    I recently updated firm to 1.07 SPRNT and a few times have had trouble when trying to start GoogleMaps or Versamail. It's like the internet connection was disconnected and doesn't get the info to reconnect. I thought previously there was the option to keep the connection open, but have not been able to find it.

If I try and open GoogleMaps, it just freezes up with a "loading" message and then gives this message:

Network Unavailaable
    This program requires a data connection and will retry automatically. In the mean time, please check your signal strength.
    (Error: network timeout) (OK)

It seems I have to shut off the phone and then turn it back on by holding the Red/End Button.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks, FastFrank
    Part of the ROM flash was installing the 60613 PRL update and it was suppose to go into reprovisioning when the phone radio was turned on.

Did it do these two things?

Do you see "Processing" in the upper left corner of the Blazer screen for a second or two?

How did you restore the Centro?

I did the 1.07 ROM flash via Micro card and I have had zero problems with Blazer or the Centro.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Part of the ROM flash was installing the 60613 PRL update and it was suppose to go into reprovisioning when the phone radio was turned on.

Did it do these two things?

Do you see "Processing" in the upper left corner of the Blazer screen for a second or two?

How did you restore the Centro?

I did the 1.07 ROM flash via Micro card and I have had zero problems with Blazer or the Centro.

I simply used the PC and did the hotsync before and after. It did the reprovisioning. It works OK if i continue to use it frequently. It seems to go in this mode if I let it set (don't know how much time yet) for awhile. If I am in GMaps and let it set for a while and then try to move the map, it just says "loading" and seems to hang.
  4.    #4  
    I will take closer notes the next time it happens so I can be more clear on what happens.
    I've seen many posts like this one, from people who did the update and ended up with glitchy or unstable Centros, that it's made me decide not to update mine. It's working perfectly and I don't want to risk messing it up. It seems like this update is more trouble than it's worth.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I've seen many posts like this one, from people who did the update and ended up with glitchy or unstable Centros, that it's made me decide not to update mine. It's working perfectly and I don't want to risk messing it up. It seems like this update is more trouble than it's worth.
    That's what I did with my 700P. I didn't have much trouble with it and was reading about all the poor schmucks that upgraded just because there was an update, and brought on bad problems....