Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    One of the things I love about my Treo's and now my Centro is the fact that I can read books on it. I have been a loyal user of eReader.

Now I see they are going iPhone and I feel that we are getting kicked to the curb. My main problem is the fact that I see that they are updating the software for the iPhone almost daily but they haven't upgraded the Palm software in years.

I just want a little love....
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I'm annoyed that they haven't supported Symbain UIQ 3. Yet they did support UIQ initially. The only way I can read my vast ebook collection is via styletap on my Sony Ericsson P1i. I guess they only support the big revenue earners.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I love eReader. I use it on my Centro and have 9 ebooks in it.
    The EReader software, even though it hasn't been updated, works very well. I don't think EReader is getting rid of Palm books.

What's the problem????
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    The EReader software, even though it hasn't been updated, works very well. I don't think EReader is getting rid of Palm books.

What's the problem????
    On WM you can buy books from the reader, and download books from your bookshelf. I dont think the PalmOS version can do that.

Surur
    A minor annoyance in that area; however as far as functionality - I find it fine. The POS has the clock, the WM does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    On WM you can buy books from the reader, and download books from your bookshelf. I dont think the PalmOS version can do that.

Surur
    Yes you can.

m.ereader.com
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Yes you can.

m.ereader.com
    From inside the client, like on the iPhone.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    From inside the client, like on the iPhone.

Surur
    This is a requirement on the iPhone. 3rd party apps run in a sandboxed environment, with their own directory for documents, etc. ie books in this case. They have to be pulled through the app and placed in this directory as there isn't a way to load them to the device other than that.

The above is based on only slight knowledge of the working of the iPhone and it's SDK. If incorrect, it would be great if someone could shed further light...
    Regards,
    bh

Tungsten E, CLIE TJ27, TX, CLIE TH55 E2, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro
    Sue, have you visted manybooks.net?

Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I love eReader. I use it on my Centro and have 9 ebooks in it.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    i guess I feel a little bit like a jilted lover. I was there in the beginning. I use their software everyday and it does work good. Now they have gone off with the new kid in town and are doing all kinds of tricks that she never did with me. An update or a hello would be nice..

just saying...
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!