Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Is there any way to change the Treo's device name? Will a hard re-set do this?
    Where is the device name? I know you can change the user name with a utility and the bluetooth device name in the BT preferences.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The very first time you synch a new Treo 700P, you are asked to name the device. I don't know where this is stored. Also, it could be that the "User Name" is the same thing as the "Device Name". What's the utility that one can use to change the User Name?
    You can see the username in the upper corner of hotsync manager on your treo/centro. there is a free program called changename that will allow you to change it.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    use a program called "multiuser hack", it will change your hotsync name, if thats what your talking about.
    if there is nothing on it, you could also do a hard reset and then select a new name
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Here is the file MUH (Multi User Hack)

MultiUserHack allows you to change your HotSync ID on a per-application basis.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have a method that is quicker and easier than all of that. Hotsynch your device first, then go to the Palm desktop and drop down the menu where the user name is located(upper right hand corner) and choose edit users. This will give you a box with the user(s) name in it and options to delete, add, rename, etc. Rename the user name that you just hotsynched to whatever you desire. Then hotsynch again and the program will ask you if you would like to create a new user or use an existing profile. Choose the profile name you just changed and after the synch is completed, the device will reflect the new name on the Hotsynch screen and with all you future connections(bluetooth, network, etc). Check it out.

PS make sure you change the name in the bluetooth setup and elsewhere on the palm it may be or you WILL experience connection issues.