1.    #1  
    I had Uncache installed and found i could not follow liks from email or sms because the prefs/default apps/browser was locked into <none>

I have tried a few different things but cant seem to get m browser prefs back

I have removed both uncache and uncache ext to no avail.

does anyone know how to get my browser pref options back.?

In the end i dont think i need uncache and would much rather have my link following back.

Thanks
    Did you do a warm reset when uninstalling the uncache ext? Uncache requires you to delete it. Then do a warm reset and delete the second part of it.

I don't remember if I had to go back into the prefs and set the programs again or not.

If you want the functionality of it, try CleanStart. Same type of program but it actually works.
  3.    #3  
    i will try the two stage removal.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, i went out and reinstalled Uncache.
    clicked on it and it soft reset to enable (i think it installed uncache ext at this time as i did not see it in files before this)
    - soft reset complete
    - checked prefs and browser is <none> with no options
    - opened filez anddeleted uncache prc
    -used zlauncher soft reset
    - soft reset complete
    - checked prefs browser still <none> with no options to change
    - opened filez tried to delete uncache ext and rcvd error that it was protected
    - used filez to change to recyclable
    -soft reset thru zlauncher
    - soft reset complete
    - checked prefs still <none> nooptions
    - opened filez to see if uncache prc and uncache ext are both gone and they are.

Please help
    Last edited by sstiger5; 08/28/2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: changed to soft reset - oops
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Doing a warm reset is different than a soft reset.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,case=obj(887)
  6.    #6  
    Thanks dave trying again with warm (SYSTEM) reset
    Also, try using "delete program" from the palm's launcher. I'm thinking you are not getting everything when you just delete it with filez.
  8.    #8  
    Ok after a few Warm(system resets and reinstalls) i am going to annotate as I go with the hopes someone can catchwhat I am Missing

Baseline
    prefs/default apps/browser is currently locked at <none>

Filez shows no uncache files neither Prc or Ext (rom checked or uncheked )

program list doesnot contain uncache
    I can not follow links from email

- reloaded uncache from website palmpowerups.com (downloaded OTA to phone, failed twice then took and installed)
    - clicked on uncache from zlauncher and it said Resetting to enable functionality, i pressed OK
    - centro reset
    - checked prefs still browser <none)
    - opened uncache and rcvd 12 days left on trial clicked later
    - exited uncache by pressing home button
    - from palm launcher (not zlauncher) pressed u to get to uncache then on menu button then delete, chose UnCache press delete
    - delete the uncache application and all data - YES
    - first said can not delete uncache pressed delete again and it was gone
    - checked prefs still <none>
    - checked files and uncache Ext still there
    - removed battery for 30 secs pressed and held UP 5way button and held til second palm globe showed
    - prefs automatically set time showsclicked done
    - phone is off
    -went to prefs/power/beam recieve is off
    - prefs /default apps/ all three are <none>
    - filez shows UnCache Ext still present
    - removed battery 30secs held UP 5way key and replaced battery til second palm globe showed.
    - auto time set / done
    - default apps all show none
    -uncache Ext still here
    - removed battery 30 secs replaced no UP 5 way this time
    - prefs/auto time set clicked done
    - phone is on , beam rcv on, default apps, email and messaging say messaging browser says <none> with no option
    - Uncache Ext remains in filez - clicked on delete rcvderror:dmatabase Protected in Item::remove()d pressed ok
    - removed details resource DB and reset after Ins then checked recyclable
    save and close
    -removed battery 30secs held UP 5way key and replaced battery til second palm globe showed. showed auto set clicked done
    - phone is off, beam is off, all default apps <none>
    - Filez shows no uncache Ext
    - removed battery 30 secs, no UP key
    - came up to prefs auto time set clicked done, beam is on,
    - Default apps first two messaging browser still *&@#$!! <none>

OK so whos got my number on this one? Im going crazy resetting this damn thing

thanks in advance
    When you do your warm reset, goto delete apps in the palm luancher and delete the second entry for Uncache. I'm not sure why you did some many warm resets and did nothing about uninstalling the second file.
  10.    #10  
    with a warm reset in between prc and ext or delete both then warm reset?
  11.    #11  
    uncache only shows as one entry in palm launcher, deleting and warme resetting now
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You need to do a warm reset, delete the ext file, then do a soft reset. A warm reset is like starting Windows in safe mode.
  13.    #13  
    uncache only shows as one entry in palm launcher, deleting and warme resetting now, said can not delete uncache , but now it is gone from palm launcher. did a warm reset, delete from palm launcher and uncache ext is showing, so deleted and soft reset.

DID NOT work :<

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Did you actually end up deleting both files? Look in Files (the program) to see if there are any Uncache files left. And did you check the preferences? You may need to change from none to Web.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Don't know what to tell you, I just loaded Uncache and deleted it no problem.

delete the Uncache file
    holding up on the 5-way do a reset, don't let go of the up until the Palm screen shows up
    delete the Uncache Ext file

It should be that simple. I didn't even have to change my preferences.