1.    #1  
    What should the default setting be on for the hotsync defaults.

ie: the handheld and desktop?

sync
    handheld overwrites?
    ect???

if i try to syncro them, i get an "explorer encountered an error would you like to send in error report.

thanks in advance!
    It really depends on how much you trust the sync operation. I do not trust anything to work properly when it comes to the sync operation. I normally do the device over-writes the desktop. It really depends on what you want to accomplish.
    I also have mine set to device overwrites desktop, but also, you have to choose which one wins if there is a conflict and you have it set to sychronize files. You'll get that error screen when you have two similar PIM items with conflicting information and you have either Outlook (or Palm Desktop) or the device set to win. If you have it set to Ignore or Duplicate, then you probably won't get that error message.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    I also have mine set to device overwrites desktop, but also, you have to choose which one wins if there is a conflict and you have it set to sychronize files. You'll get that error screen when you have two similar PIM items with conflicting information and you have either Outlook (or Palm Desktop) or the device set to win. If you have it set to Ignore or Duplicate, then you probably won't get that error message.

I had to get my treo replaced and hit the hotsync button and still had to make some modifications to get the treo settings exactly like the one that was replaced...Just wondering if the changing the hotsync defaults would have an effect on this?

so do you have the handheld overwrites PC for all settings including the backup?

thanks!
    the Backup is probably the most important place to have "Handheld overwrites Desktop" since you always want to have a copy of your treo safe on your computer, in case you need to hard reset; you can then just hotsync and the computer will restore the phone just as it was. That is why it is pretty highly suggested that you hotsync daily.

Of course, the other suggestion is to have a backup program right on your treo, which backups your phone to your card; I have mine (Resco Backup) set to automatically backup the treo every day at 3AM
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.