1.    #1  
    After plugging in my 755p to charge or HotSync, the LED stays illuminated (either red or green, depending on if it's fully charged or not). If I remove the battery and reset, it will turn off, otherwise it's on all the time. Anyone else seen this before?
    that is correct behavior. The solid LED while plugged in is showing charging status. Red is actively charging. Green is trickle charging/fully charged.
  3.    #3  
    Oops - I worded that poorly - the LED stays on after it's been disconnected from the hotsync cable.
    Do you have Butler? Mine gets stuck sometimes, but using Butler, I go into LED control, then "Reset LED (if stuck)". I'm not sure why it's occasionally gets stuck.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  5.    #5  
    Nope, don't use Butler.
    I think what Delphita was suggesting, is that maybe you try downloading and using Butler, to reset the LED
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  7.    #7  
    I tried Butler for a while about a year ago, but was getting random resets after installing it (dunno if Butler was causing them or possibly some conflicting app?), so I uninstalled it.

Also of note is that the Battery icon shows as "charging" even after being disconnected from the charger/hotsync cable, and in Windows XP - since this started happening - when I connect the USB cable, I get an "unrecognized USB device" warning.
    Last edited by Grim; 08/27/2008 at 09:06 PM.
    sounds like it is time for a hard reset.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  9.    #9  
    Tried a System Reset, and the led still stays on after unplugging from the USB Cable.

Did a Hard Reset and afterward, when I connected the USB Cable I didn't get the "Unknown USB Device" warning, but the LED still stays on upon disconnecting. Now on subsequent reconnecting of the USB Cable, I again get the warning.

Going to try reinstalling the Palm Desktop to see if that has any effect.
  10.    #10  
    Alright - reinstalled Palm Desktop, hard reset again and now the LED turns off when disconnected from the charging cable, and there's no Windows USB error when I connect the sync cable. Fingers crossed for this behavior to continue after restoring using NVBackup.
    I would be leary of using that backup, as there is a big chance you backed up the problem too. but good luck.
  12.    #12  
    Well, after a lot of trial and error the problem persists. Even after a hard reset, the LED stays on when disconnected from Hotsync/Charger cables. This after uninstalling/reinstalling the Palm Desktop.

On the first connection after a soft/system/hard reset, no Windows "unrecognized USB Device" errors occur. But after disconnecting, the LED stays on until soft reset. If not reset, when connected to hotsync cable, I get the error message.