1.    #1  
    When a reset is done how can I configure the phone so that when it reconnects silently (no brief beep and then the Welcome chime sound).
    My previous Treo would reset silently but my replacement will turn off with no noise but wehn it restarts I will get a quick wake up beep and then the chime sound when the Welcome phone on screen appears.

I know I can manually use the sound off switch. But is there any configuration or program that will silence my phone when it restarts after a reset?
    that would be the blasted dmf tones the most recent update fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmTreo650User View Post
    When a reset is done how can I configure the phone so that when it reconnects silently (no brief beep and then the Welcome chime sound).
    My previous Treo would reset silently but my replacement will turn off with no noise but wehn it restarts I will get a quick wake up beep and then the chime sound when the Welcome phone on screen appears.

I know I can manually use the sound off switch. But is there any configuration or program that will silence my phone when it restarts after a reset?

If. in Preferences, you set the System Sound to off, then it will not sound when you power off or on the phone. I am not sure about a soft reset, but that is worth a try.

BB
    if you are using PhoneTechnician, you can use this option
    Hello
    I am wondering if you can check the setting's on the phone or there are many different program's that will stop this as there are programs to stop that annoying green PHONE ON light. So i'll search around and see what i can find?

Copper_R

~Treo 650 ~ Treo 700wx ~ HTC Apache ~
    This last post is now the 3rd post on the same subject (stuck LED).

To spare you the trouble of checking the other 755 threads, try Butler or Ledoff, both of which will control the LED of your 755p.

I prefer Butler. Incidentally, Butler's developer (whose forum is also at TreoCentral) also publishes Phone Technician which, as another poster indicated in this thread, will permit you to turn your phone off and on silently.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible