1.    #1  
    Here is the deal... I had a PC problem where the original copy of Windows would not load. I installed a 2nd copy so I could access my files. Copied files to another drive, then reformatted. THEN... my 755P took a crap and did a hard reset... loosing everything. I have the Palm files from my PC... how do I go about restoring this information to my palm... really only need the contacts, datebook, memos and chat logs... these are REALLY important. HELP!
    So on this other computer did you install the Palm Desktop?? If not, then install the Palm Desktop using the installation CD (or download it from Palm.com) and then be sure that your entire Palm folder is on that C drive; also check that inside that folder there is a folder with your username and inside that folder is a Backup folder. That Backup folder holds all of your phone's last configurations and setups and programs. If all is good, then just do a hotsync with this computer BUT make sure that the conduit for the backup is set to "Desktop overwrites Handheld" for just this first hotsync. You find this info by clicking on the toolbar of Palm Desktop - Hotsync - Custom, scroll down in the window, it is the last conduit.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    In addition (to avoid this problem in the future), install NVBackup on your phone so you can do nightly backups on your SD card.
  4.    #4  
    I got the programs back and the chat log... I cannot get the contact or datebook information. I have a folder called address and a folder called datebook... each folder has files that are *.mdb, *.dat and *.ini files... any way to get this information back. Before I synched with outlook...
    did you sync with Outlook on the old computer, you say you transfered all of the files from that computer to this new one? If you did sync with Outlook, then it ocassionally does an archive of your calendar, contacts, etc. and you need to look for a file ending with .pst ; do a search on your computer in Files and Folders (Start-Search-For Files and Folders) and just put .pst in the search box. Hopefully you will get a file called backupPersonalfolders.pst - this is your Outlook backup and you can import this file into your current Outlook on the new computer. Then just do another hotsync.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.