1.    #1  
    I just got a MicroSD card and it seems you really need to remove the back cover to have access to it. I guess this makes those hard snap-on "cases" a bad idea? Anyone?
    The battery cover is a PIA to remove but luckily I don't have to get to my card that often.
    Good Luck
    Throw an 4GB/8GB card in there and you won't have to remove it often. Not a huge deal.
  4.    #4  
    I use the card mainly to transfer stuff to / from the phone... I need to be able to get access to it.
    You can also get card reader for Palm OS that turns the Centro into a card reader. You just have to plug in the Centro via USB. I am not sure about the speed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    You can also get card reader for Palm OS that turns the Centro into a card reader. You just have to plug in the Centro via USB. I am not sure about the speed though.
    Where could we go to get that?
    Softick Card Export II is the program you want to do that with. I think its pretty fast and easy to use.

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    The foks that make USBmodem also make some software that let's you use your Centro/Treo as a USB drive. Now I forget what it's called . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    The foks that make USBmodem also make some software that let's you use your Centro/Treo as a USB drive. Now I forget what it's called . . . .
    It's called Card Reader. See www.mobile-stream.com
    There is a freeware program called PFB that also works, but you have to install a desktop component as well as the Palm-side app.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    You don't *have* to remove the back cover to get at the memory card, but doing so can make it a lot easier. I have been able to get my fingernail far enough into the card slot to pop the cover open without removing the back cover of the Centro, but it can be tricky. As others noted, if you put a large enough card in there though, you probably won't have to remove it much, especially if you can transfer whatever files you want on the card to it by Hotsync or other means that don't require removal of the card.
    I feel a lot better removing the battery cover to get to my card. I did the same thing with the 755 I had. The Centro's cover is very easy to remove and put on once you get used to it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I second the use of PFB. It's dog-slow, but it's free. It also allows you to access the Centro's internal memory, as well. The card reader emulators usually only show the MicroSD Card.

Link to PFB (Note: You have to register at myTreo.net to download files).
    Yeah, I'm glad the card isn't too easy to pop out. I don't have to worry about losing it. Lots of people lots their SD cards in their Treos because they were so easy to pop out.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    my battery cover was hard work to pop on or off when it was new. I used to use a small utility screwdriver to get it off. It loosened up after a week or two, and is easy to use now. if your centro is new, the issue may go away once it gets used for a while.
    I think you can also use Ptunes. The only problem is that all xfered files will be in the Ptunes folder on the card...you will need to move them with something like filez