Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dilemma - - deciding to buy a palm, stuck between treo 680, 750 or a Centro.
    Was wondering what your opinions are on each of the above (I'm leaning toward to 680 and then wait for 850 when released to go down in price).
    I'd definitely buy it before the 680. As far as the 750, you need to decide if the Palm OS or Windows Mobile better suits your needs.
    Centro is much better than 680. I used to own a 680. The question is whether you're more comfortable with Palm OS or WinMobile.
    I'd say go for the Centro over the 680, I've had both. They seem pretty similar, but IMO its a lot of little things that make it better than the 680 (screen is better, better camera, more RAM, not as bulky, just to name a few) They're also just plain and simply newer. I first got my 680 as soon as they were available from Palm (unlocked) and that was I believe about Dec06-jan07. As for the 750, everybody else already said it...it depends on how you feel about Windows Mobile.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Definitelydo NOT get a Treo 680! The Centro is a mcuh more stable device with more memory and better speakers, better screen, lighter weight. Even if you opt for an extended battery for the Centro it still is easier to hold and use one handed than the 680. I prefer Palm OS to Windows mobile ANY day!

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Coming from a 700p, the Centro is great.
    Personally, I LOOOOOVE the Centro! There are some flaws, but the pros pretty much outweigh them!
    My Centro is fantastic.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Chalk up another one for Centro. I love mine, it's a nice stable little phone. The bluetooth could be better, but other than that it's great.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    I've had Palm Phones for a while now. Each one gets better. The only way I would get ride of my Centro, is if a newer model came out. As far as the 750, WinDoz , thats right WinDoz is NO where close to Palm OS. IMO!
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
  11.    #11  
    Well, thank you all. It seems pretty unanimous, and I'm guessing there are many others out there that feel the same way about the centro. It's good to get such positive feedback about this small but powerful smartphone.
    +1 for the Centro... Absolutely. The only thing left, now, is to decide the colour... assuming that is an option for you (carrier, etc...).
    Another vote for the Centro..it rocks!
  14.    #14  
    GreenHex - - well, the electric blue looks pretty cool (blue is my favorite color, all shades), however black may be the most masculine...but I don't know. There should be a poll somewhere down the line for a favorite or most popular colored centro!
    Last edited by treo800want; 08/26/2008 at 08:11 AM.
  15.    #15  
    Another question...I'd like to get into some of the astronomy applications out there. Namely Pocketstars, but I'm wondering if that will require too much memory storage for the Centro.

Any comparable out there you can recommend that will be compatible with the Centro and at same time not use up too much memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Another question...I'd like to get into some of the astronomy applications out there. Namely Pocketstars, but I'm wondering if that will require too much memory storage for the Centro.

Any comparable out there you can recommend that will be compatible with the Centro and at same time not use up too much memory?
    Centro has a lot more memory than most of it's predecessors.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Centro has a lot more memory than most of it's predecessors.
    good to know, thanks! I'm really starting to lean towards the Centro for purchase. Another Astronomy program someone else referred me to is on the website www.astronomist.com, and must say it looks impressive.
    ...good Nirvana album but you can safely skip section entitled "Bleach" Astronomy
    http://www.astronomist.com/related/b...VC9pc4PUKit0A8 Stick with the pros including Planetarium
    The only thing I missed from the 680 is the slightly larger screen size, with my eyesight the bigger the better!

There are several astronomy applications (charts and such) for PalmOS. And most of them are NOT freeware. Most old PalmOS applications should work flawlessly on the Centro. Memory should never be a problem with the Centro.

I'll keep an eye open and post them here in case I come across any interesting ones.

Not everything is good about the Centro. You must know that the Centro keyboard is bad before plonking down your money. I mean BAD. (compared with the 650/ 680/ 700/ 750). Almost everything else about the Centro is better, and I don't mind the diminished battery life.

The Blue Centro does look good and Blue is my favourite color too. Blue watch, Blue car, Blue USB drive... but I have a White Centro, as Blue is not avalable here.

- mvk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast