1.    #1  
    I've always been impressed with Kinoma. Now they've released Kinoma Play for WM.

Got an email to upgrade. Woops...after reviewing, it is obvious the upgrade is only for WM users. I guess for ones that might have switched from the Palm OS.

Has anyone heard if this will be available to Palm users?

It is a $20 upgrade till October. Can't find on their website a feature comparison but did note a couple things.

1. Search feature. That would be an improvement vs. browsing through the sections.

2. Picture viewer. Not sure I care much about this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Has anyone heard if this will be available to Palm users?
    It will not. Kinoma Play requires a modern mobile OS, and so Kinoma Player 4 EX will continue to be the Palm OS solution for as long as it's around (i.e. many years!).

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Can't find on their website a feature comparison...
    I'd recommend checking out these videos:

The feature tabs in the Kinoma Play page are worth checking out, as is the Kinoma FreePlay download page (which describes Kinoma Play features that Kinoma FreePlay doesn't have).

Also, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    I'm curious if Play will support ogg streams.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    I just saw the video demo on the front page and I am awfully impressed. At the sime time I'm kind of disappointed. I know windows is multitasking but the transition effects and ui are great compared to the Palm OS version.

Are ther any other improvements as far as streaming and the way video and info is handled in Play that can be used to upgrade the Palm OS version?

Will there be any sort of update to Kinoma Player for Palm that incorporates any of the new features and ui of the windows Play counterpart? (soon hopefully )
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    I'm curious if Play will support ogg streams.
    Nope, we have no plans to support Ogg.

There's very little Ogg content that isn't also available in more popular formats, and all indications are that it's getting less popular as the far-better AAC (Kinoma Play supports up to aacPlus v2) gradually replaces MP3 as the audio format of choice.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    @ Charles

I know sometimes developers dont want to let out info if they are working on something big for their apps but would it be at all possible to get a response to any of my questions directed at you in various threads over the past 6 months or so.

Not to take away from your new Product which looks and probably performs great.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ditto on Old Hatches response. Are there any plans to revamp the Palm OS version? It seems like WM is getting the better part of the software, don't leave us Palm OS users out!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Ditto on Old Hatches response. Are there any plans to revamp the Palm OS version? It seems like WM is getting the better part of the software, don't leave us Palm OS users out!
    I think Charles (@Kinoma) has indicated in another thread that there will be no radical upgrades to the Palm OS version because they have gotten everything they can out of the OS. I suspect perhaps a minor feature change here and there, but nothing major.