Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Since having installed the new ROM update I am finding sometimes my phone is soft resetting and then once the phone reboots the phone is not turned back on.

Last night I was waiting for a very important phone call and after about 45mins I said ya know what let me look at my phone. Taking it out of the holster I see the phone is "OFF". Not good...I think that one of the self updating programs that I have...weather, Snapper...possibly when I receive SMS Something is causing my phone to soft reset.

What application can I get...can someone reccomend that if my phone soft resets that It will power the phone application back on..

Before the update of of the rom when it soft reset the phone would automically turn back on afterwards...I don't know why this is happening now.

Any Help suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    I would try a hard reset and see if that helps. Back up first and don't install any software until you see if the problem is gone.

If that doesn't fix the problem then I'd fool with the update. Maybe try updating again.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Centro has a feature where if the phone resets too many times during a short period, it will leave the phone radio turned off on the assumption that the phone radio is contributing to the reset problem. This is an attempt to save your battery.

If you resolve your reset problem, you shouldn't notice the phone radio being turned off on startup.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Well. I zapped everything from the phone and started over via a Hard Reset...Since I am at work for 8hrs today time is not a problem to fix the problem. I have noticed my phone crashes more with the problem being the sms program. the Messages.pdb file is 13megs. I have all my messages since I have had the phone...I will see if the Hard Reset Fixed it..

Thanks
    Brian

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Are you using Power Hero by chance?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Yes I "was" using Powerhero. I have since disabled it for the time being....input?

Thanks
    Brian

Since Palm 1.07 update, mine has done nothing but act funky. Dropped calls, calls straight to voicemail while setting next to me, freezes, and power off.
    I was out of town, missed biz calls, and more importantly my kids were meeting me and couldn't even get ahold of me. About threw it in lake.
    2 repair centers can find nothing wrong, multiple soft resets, 2 hard resets.
    Suggestion of faulty 3rd party apps, but all worked great until the update, so going back tomorrow, their computers were down today so nothing could be done.
    One more probably worthless idea, but when it's broken what have you got to lose. Try a hotsync with your PC and an internet connection. There seems to be a lot of conversation with Palm going on when you hotsync now. Just another idea...