I have a 755p (Verizon) with a Plantronics PLT-510 headset. My dog found the headset and chewed it up. I ordered another one and now I can't get it to connect. The Treo will not discover the new headset and the old one is still listed (under "all devices" not "trusted devices" and I can't connect to that one either). I figured since these were the same model I could swap them out but it won't work and I see no way to delete the old device from the discovery list. Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Since it is not showing under trusted devices Your best bet is to do a warm reset: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...bj(887)#system

Once that is done use either Filez or Resco Explorer to delete the Bluetooth Device Cache and Bluetooth Trusted Devices files.

Do another reset and you should be able to pair your new BT headset.

Hope that helps.
    I tried to delete two files using filez: Bluetooth Device Ca and Bluetooth Trusted D and it says the files cannot be deleted. I turned bluetooth off and set the open and copy protect attributes off and still no luck.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Did you do a WARM RESET first by pressing and holding "up" on the D-Pad and removing and re-installing the battery? You have to continue to hold the "up" button until the OS has re-booted. Without a warm reset you won't be able to delete the files because they are in use.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabu View Post
    I tried to delete two files using filez: Bluetooth Device Ca and Bluetooth Trusted D and it says the files cannot be deleted. I turned bluetooth off and set the open and copy protect attributes off and still no luck.
    I'll bet you didn't do a warm reset, or put your 755 into safe mode like eharty said to do.

The two bluetooth files are always OPEN FOR WRITES and cannot be edited or deleted without throwing the device into SAFE MODE first.

Safe Mode shuts the phone radio down and closes all open files.....

Thanks - I got it working. I appreciate everyone's help!