1. crp
    On the fence.

My local Sprint Store still has 755p's on display and I'm thinking about upgrading. I bought a 755p last year & returned it within 30 days because I couldn't justify the purchase price then, given that I live out in the sticks of West Texas & no carrier here offers EVDO or 3-G (too bad, I-Phonies).

My question to the 755 forum, especially if you ugraded from a 650: Without EVDO, what are the advantages of using a 755p over a 650? Also, do you get used to the "clickiness" of the keyboard (which, when I've used the 755, I find annoying).

TIA,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    The 755P is much better. I used to have a 650 then upgraded to the 755P. The pluses, the nice body is sooo much better and it doesn't slip out of my hand as much because of the rubberized paint. The antenna less body is so much nicer. Though I have to admit that I used to pull on the 650 with the antenna but not anymore. The speaker grill is better and louder, and of course the Memory is so much bigger than the 650. I don't have EVDO as well but the experience is much better than the 650. The 755P is a stable device and I remember my 650 resetting at times but with the 755P, it doesn't do it, only when I force it. I say go for the 755
    Haaang on, lupe! Lupe hang on!

I went from the 650 to the 755. pretty nice feel. evdo could be snappier than I found it to be. more memory, better grip. Decent. Just wish it was evdo rev A.
    the 755p is a better device than the 650.

Where in West Texas do you live? I've been around the Amarillo area and the service was pretty crisp.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
  5. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    the 755p is a better device than the 650.

Where in West Texas do you live? I've been around the Amarillo area and the service was pretty crisp.
    Sprint service here is good, but no EVDO. Looking at the Data coverage map for Sprint, http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?language=EN , the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network areas are all around the big cities in Texas, no surprise there.

BTW, just saw "Texas" a couple of weekends ago; great as always.
  6. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Haaang on, lupe! Lupe hang on!

I went from the 650 to the 755. pretty nice feel. evdo could be snappier than I found it to be. more memory, better grip. Decent. Just wish it was evdo rev A.
    One other thing for me: I'm month to month with Sprint, so if I upgrade, it'll mean a brand new 2 year commitment along with the phone. That enters into the decision for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by crp View Post
    Sprint service here is good, but no EVDO. Looking at the Data coverage map for Sprint, http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?language=EN , the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network areas are all around the big cities in Texas, no surprise there.

BTW, just saw "Texas" a couple of weekends ago; great as always.
    Permian Basin huh? Yeah, the data network down there is the old one. I know because I was down in Midland back in June for Juneteenth and all I got down there were green arrows.

However, I'm in Wichita Falls and we got EVDO recently without any announcement or anything. It still doesn't show up in the Sprint.com EVDO coverage map either, but I have seen the little blue triangles on my phone as far west from here as Abilene (and many little towns in between) and as far east as Bowie, TX. So there is a possibility that with all the recent growth in your area in population Sprint might get you all a few EVDO towers.
  8. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    Permian Basin huh? Yeah, the data network down there is the old one. I know because I was down in Midland back in June for Juneteenth and all I got down there were green arrows.

However, I'm in Wichita Falls and we got EVDO recently without any announcement or anything. It still doesn't show up in the Sprint.com EVDO coverage map either, but I have seen the little blue triangles on my phone as far west from here as Abilene (and many little towns in between) and as far east as Bowie, TX. So there is a possibility that with all the recent growth in your area in population Sprint might get you all a few EVDO towers.
    That is VERY interesting. From what you're saying, if the local Sprint folks tell me that we don't have EVDO here, can I believe them? Or might it already be here & they don't know?

crp
    Sorry for the late reply sir.

Um, yeah. It is a pickle, because it IS their network after all, but most of the time I find that I know more about their own products and services than they do.

I'd ask them and see what they say.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3