1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I've been experiencing clock delays with my Treo 680. I have it set to sync the time with my computer, but if I don't sync it for a couple of days it begins delaying... 1 minute, then 2, 3, and it ends up with 10 to 20 minutes of delay.

For example yesterday I synced it around 11pm and today when it was 11pm in my computer, the Treo was showing 10:55pm. Sometimes I get late to appointments or even miss them. And I don't really trust the Treo anymore as a alarm clock.

In "Prefs / Date & Time" I have it set to "Nothing" in the "Automatic set". I have already tried "Automatic set Date and time" and also "Automatic set Date, time and time zone" but none of them corrected this delay problem.

I have a unlocked AT&T with the last update. Does anyone have any idea of what could be happening?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I only normally get an incorrect clock if there has been a random reset of my 680.

I use NVBackup (freeware) to back up my device daily & get it to sync to an atomic clock wirelessly in the early hours of the morning.
    If you are resetting your treo by removing the battery, the time will also drift. Especially since you are not resyncing the time to the carrier with date/time automatic set.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    If you are resetting your treo by removing the battery, the time will also drift. Especially since you are not resyncing the time to the carrier with date/time automatic set.
    This is a good point! I do reset it one or more times a day taking removing the battery. I did it once today and now I have a 2 min delay. I'll try the computer sync and carrier sync combination. Let's see if it going to work. Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulster View Post
    I only normally get an incorrect clock if there has been a random reset of my 680.

I use NVBackup (freeware) to back up my device daily & get it to sync to an atomic clock wirelessly in the early hours of the morning.
    Waw, this looks like a very cool app. I'll give it a try after testing jaytee theory. Thanks!
    Try searching for a freeware app called netClock (ver 1.3) (FocV Project), it allows you to sync to an NTP server of your choice and it has several example servers to choose from if you dont have a preference.
    If you can't find the app, reply and I'll post it here.

(note: you can't schedule it to sync automatically, if thats a big deal to you)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Another vote for netClock: I use it. I didn't know about the automatic backup and time sync application, though...
    I have netclock installed on my 680. Need to use it after soft or hard resets to get the phone synced
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    recently i was testing some alarm clock apps and there was one that has drift correction. I think it was Watchem (freeware)

anyway NVbackup is my option. Be sure to look into the advanced preferences in order to check the time correction
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    In date and time pref there's an option to sync date/time with carrier, make sure you check that and problem will be gone...

Downside?

Some people mention battery drain and reset problem.
    I don't have this problem, so it appears to be provider related.

GAP
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'm going to turn the network time correction feature on, just to see if it makes any difference...
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    I'm going to turn the network time correction feature on, just to see if it makes any difference...
    Just FYI, turning that feature ON may lead to annoying "my treo freezes for 5-15 seconds every now and then" (and then when it unfreezes, it process all your 30 keystokes you pressed trying to see of it is alive).

it may not happen to you, but if it does, just so you get the idea what is probably the cause.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm steeled for the worst - but so far, so good...

Perhaps UK T-Mobile doesn't support the time correction..?
    Will the latest ROM 2.12 improve this issue?