1.    #1  
    I noticed that changing the cache setting in Blazer from 4MB to 1MB really speeds up Blazer for me. It seems to help with the amount of time it takes to start Blazer (processing time). Pages also seem to load faster.

I'm assuming the pages load faster because there is less cache to search through.

Startup time maybe quicker because Blazer doesn't need as much ram, so less of the dbcache needs to be cleared?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    I noticed that changing the cache setting in Blazer from 4MB to 1MB really speeds up Blazer for me. It seems to help with the amount of time it takes to start Blazer (processing time). Pages also seem to load faster.

I'm assuming the pages load faster because there is less cache to search through.

Startup time maybe quicker because Blazer doesn't need as much ram, so less of the dbcache needs to be cleared?
    Did you ever in the past change your cache settings? 'Cause after reading your post I looked at my cache settings to see if it made a difference for me, but it was already set to 1mb. I've never touched those settings before, so it must be the default.. What does everybody else's say?
    Mine was set at 4mb.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Change it to 8mb. Don't clear your cache on exit. Under General, disable Javascript, use Fast Mode, and disable cascading style sheets. Sometimes you might need to put it in Normal mode, but you can use the lightening bolt at the top of Blazer.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Change it to 8mb.
    Funny....I was going to suggest changing it to 0mb, which really seemed to speed things up for me. Try them both, and let us know which worked better for you.
  6.    #6  
    8mb? Seems like that would cause it to really slow down. Especially at startup. Why 8mb? Most mobile websites are pretty small.
    So the program can check local cache for data instead of looking to download from net.
    I would think more cache would be quicker. Centro should be able to access local data quicker than internet even with EVDO
    Coming from a 700p, the Blazer on the Centro is very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    I would think more cache would be quicker. Centro should be able to access local data quicker than internet even with EVDO
    This is based on the assumption that your browsing habits lends itself to pages being found in cache-- if you don't revisit the same sets of pages on a regular basis having to search through cache trying to find something that is not there is not going to be quicker. True?
    Tip10,

You are correct - I also find that when you fill the 8mb cache (first in last out) you lose the 8mb from the system memory unless you decide to clear it from time to time.

It might not matter, but I like to keep as much system memory as I can and 8mb is a big chunk to lose, although it might not help much unless you are REally low on systems memory.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip10 View Post
    This is based on the assumption that your browsing habits lends itself to pages being found in cache-- if you don't revisit the same sets of pages on a regular basis having to search through cache trying to find something that is not there is not going to be quicker. True?
    Interesting point. I don't do much else but checl webmail. Wouldn't selecting clear`cache on exit have much the same effect while allowing Blazer to offer cache for that session
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Nick... as a side note. You do you like your Centro vs 700P? I went from 700P to iPhone and hate not having:cut/paste, global search and tasks. IS performance of the Centro better than 700P?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    Interesting point. I don't do much else but checl webmail. Wouldn't selecting clear`cache on exit have much the same effect while allowing Blazer to offer cache for that session
    Yeah it probably would -- with the caveat that MouseGlider mentioned ... and that tradeoff almost becomes a personal preference issue.

As me Mother used to say -- "try it, you might like it".
    If it works for you great -- if not you can always go back