1.    #1  
    On-Demand worked great for me for as long as I had my centro, but eventually it upgraded itself to PocketExpress.

Now it consistently fails to update... I have it set to update every morning around 6am and most of the time I wakeup with an error message saying it failed to update (sorry I forget the exact code and wording, I'll have to get it tomorrow).

Other times it has no error, but the data still doesn't seem updated.

If I update manually, right from the same spot in my house where it failed, it succeeds, no problem. If i schedule more frequent updates (every 4 hours, say), other updates throughout the day seem to work ok (this testing has been less scientific, but I think it was working at some point).

I've tried both with and without "confirm before update", i've increased the network timeout setting to long......

anyone else having these issues?

I don't use it for much but it's handy to have movie times and weather preloaded every morning.
    I had the same exact issue you described and have never gotten it to automatically update.

I am now using Keytoss described on the Home page and have set it as my browser homepage and like it a lot so far. I have local weather, headlines, localized links to things such movetickets.com set up to list all my local theaters, etc. I have not used PE lately.
    When On Demand (which I liked for movie times) updated itself to PE, I completely hosed my Centro. I had to hard reset and re-install all of my software piece by piece.

I too am using Keytoss as my new homepage. The developer is super responsive.
  4.    #4  
    for what it's worth i changed my update time to 4am and it updated ok this morning... we'll see if it's a trend, but i wonder if they have 6am as the default for all users and their servers are getting hammered at 6am every morning.

keytoss seems interesting and i'm definitely going to check it out, but the appeal of on-demand is that it's available offline..the whole thing I love about on-demand (when it works) is that there's no "hangon, let me see if i get service here..ok, hangon, the page is loading..ok, here we go"... it's just already there.

plus browsing the news articles, again, doesn't kill the battery and doesn't require service.
    Quote Originally Posted by random735 View Post
    On-Demand worked great for me for as long as I had my centro, but eventually it upgraded itself to PocketExpress.

Now it consistently fails to update... I have it set to update every morning around 6am and most of the time I wakeup with an error message saying it failed to update (sorry I forget the exact code and wording, I'll have to get it tomorrow).

Other times it has no error, but the data still doesn't seem updated.

If I update manually, right from the same spot in my house where it failed, it succeeds, no problem. If i schedule more frequent updates (every 4 hours, say), other updates throughout the day seem to work ok (this testing has been less scientific, but I think it was working at some point).

I've tried both with and without "confirm before update", i've increased the network timeout setting to long......

anyone else having these issues?

I don't use it for much but it's handy to have movie times and weather preloaded every morning.
    I have "exactly" the same issues - and have tried different update times 4am, 5am - deleted and reloaded from scratch - same issues - called Srpint and told me to do what I had done.

I am trying just Pocket Express without TV Guide now as it seems that my Centro and 755p have the same problem when updating the TV Guide portion - at least thats where it has gotton stuck the last 3 or 4 days - we'll see how this goes.

OnDemand use to work Flawless for me on both the Centro and 755p.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  6.    #6  
    i've now had 2-3 consecutive days of successful updates at 4am (EDT). However I already had the tvguide stuff removed, i only update movie showtimes under entertainment.

good luck....(and hopefully mine keeps working....)
    I have asked PE to let us have OD back. I recommend anyone having problems go to the Handmark website and send customer support a request for keeping OD because it worked, while PE does not.
    My OD wanted me to update to PE the other day so I did. I then got a message that my PE had expired the very same day and it would cost me $6.99 a month. So I reverted via backup to OD and I'm not updating if it's going to cost me a monthly fee!

Do you think it's not updating because you need to pay for it?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I received the notification of the upgrade on my Centro, so I allowed it to update. It installed, reset my phone... and when my phone came back to life, there was no On Demand... or Pocket Express. All it did was delete what I had. Thanks, I guess.
    sut703 - check in the "unfiled" catagory - Pocket Express might be there.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I did, it's not. I checked every category, including my memory card. I went into my file manager and all the OnDemand files are GONE. I don't know what happened.

I wound up just going to the Sprint Downloads and it downloaded it again, and installed it successfully.
    Just my $0.02 ... My Centro had OD on it, but upgraded itself to PE. At first I thought it was a pay service, but I looked into it and pay services are not activated passively. You have to actively agree to pay.

All in all, my wife and I aren't having any issues at all ... knock on wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    My OD wanted me to update to PE the other day so I did. I then got a message that my PE had expired the very same day and it would cost me $6.99 a month. So I reverted via backup to OD and I'm not updating if it's going to cost me a monthly fee!

Do you think it's not updating because you need to pay for it?
    Pocket Express is free, however there are parts of it (such as travel and maps) that involve a monthy fee. You must have had a trial for one of the fee based services expire.
    Quote Originally Posted by downseven View Post
    Just my $0.02 ... My Centro had OD on it, but upgraded itself to PE. At first I thought it was a pay service, but I looked into it and pay services are not activated passively. You have to actively agree to pay.

All in all, my wife and I aren't having any issues at all ... knock on wood.

Same here Downseven..no problems at all-however if you have Vison set to prompt you before connecting, the update will fail if you aren't around to notice the prompt.