1.    #1  
    Why does it seem so difficult to find high quality freeware for the Palm?

Rant here: I've looked at FreewarePalm.com, and it's okay. But it's 99% stink and 1% gold. And that gold is very hard to find!! If you want an LED to blink, some new skinning tool, or just a way to access your Micro SD card you have to cough up $15 to $30. If you get a handful of this simple solutions, then you've paid more for the software than you did for the Centro itself.

Are there any resources for good Palm freeware? Or will I have to make one some day?

Tooting my own horn here: I couldn't find a decent source to locate high quality freeware for Windows, so I started downseven.com. I might need to add a Palm library to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by downseven View Post
    new skinning tool,
    I use SkinUI and love it.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    All of these are free for Palm os:

Yahdice
    Dice 121
    FileZ
    TCPMP
    NVBackup
    Mundu Radio
    FairUseWizard (for the pc, not Treo)
    Musictones
    Earthcomber
    Handzipper Lite
    Destaller Lite
    KeyguardTime+
    MovingBoard
    PhoneSwitch
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Great list from Alli, I use many of those as well. Here are a few more..

PowerUP
    AttnGrab
    BellTime
    BibleReader
    MyCheckbook
    Snap
    EasyCalc
    Facebook
    LiveJournal
    MoTwit
    Converter
    MiniTones
    DiddleBug
    Juggler
    Last edited by fareal; 08/24/2008 at 12:02 AM.
    Sometimes paying for software is the only way to go if you want a top quality app. For example you won't find a better mail app than ChatterEmail, which isn't free. I also gladly paid my $14 for IM+, which allows the Centro to use Skype. There are tons of great free apps out there but sometimes the good ones cost money.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
  7.    #7  
    @fareal:

Great list of freeware! Thanks!

@SueWalsh:

Totally agree. Some software are just gonna cost something. I gladly paid for TAKEphONE, even better on sale for US$10. But sometimes it's refreshing to see great software available for free. I don't know how many times I've coughed up money for software and later found a free alternative.

For the Windows world, I created my Web site (downseven.com) to help folks find not-just-free software for Windows but really good free software. I think I might add a Palm section. FreewarePalm is a good site, but there's just too much mediocre to bad software there. It takes forever to sift through it.

Hope everyone has a terrific day.
    Last edited by downseven; 08/24/2008 at 08:04 AM.