1.    #1  
    I thought Wordsmith 2.0 was supposed to support tables?!

I installed it, and looked at my resume on my Prism. I had to "add" it through MS Word to get Wordsmith to recognize it - even though there was already a copy of my resume file on the Prism (kinda stupid). When I look at my resume through Docs to Go, the Tables show up just fine. However, when I look at my resume through Wordsmith, I get:

"This document contains elements that this version of Wordsmith does not recognize. It was probably created by a newer version of Wordsmith. Please download the latest version from www.bluenomad.com."

I get little square icons in my document that, if I click on them, shows the CONTENTS of the table (with loss of all formatting of course!), but nothing else. What the heck?! Not only does Wordsmith 2.0 (in this case 2.0c) not recognize the tables, it is trying to tell me that I'm using an old version of Wordsmith!

BlueNomad? What the heck is going on? Are you aware of this? And if so what is being done about it?

The two main things I was waiting on in Wordsmith was tab and table support. Looks like I just got one. I want INLINE table support, not little icons that contain the contents of my table with loss of formatting. Dataviz can do this with Docs to Go, why can't Blue Nomad?
    I STILL have to use Docs to Go if I have documents with tables in them. That really upsets me.
    Disappointed me too about the tables. It sounded as if they would work from the new features list on their website but it is kinda feeble in the table area.
    I never saw any claims by Blue Nomad that 2.0 would offer table support. Frankly, table support is about the only thing they haven't yet supported.

Given that all the other high-priority items on the WordSmith "To Do" feature list -- bookmarks, bullets, Mac support, DOC conversion -- have made it in (and in a pretty damn timely manner, too -- I don't believe WordSmith is even a year old!!), I think only a little patience is required for tables support.

Having dealt with the complexity (and sheer sloppiness) of the various Microsoft Word formats, I'm bloody impressed with how Blue Nomad has managed the Word<->WordSmith conversions with such reliability in the first place.

I believe the best advice is, have patience.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by bookrats
    I never saw any claims by Blue Nomad that 2.0 would offer table support. Frankly, table support is about the only thing they haven't yet supported.
    They discuss table support here.

http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wordsmith_details.html

They do discuss it only being tags (icons) support right now rather than native support. IMHO, that is a worthless feature. Why have such limited support for tables? You just lose all formatting in your tables if you save editing efforts in Wordsmith. They also mention that editing/creating tables is "on the horizon". If I remember correctly, an earlier version of this page simply stated table support, rather than simple tags support. I can be patient if it is in the works, but as I said, earlier listings of features simply said table support. So when I install it and it is not what I felt was initially advertised, naturally I am disappointed....

And BTW, I am very calm...

It is a well known fact that people who say "I am very calm" usually are anything but. In fact, the calmer their voice is while they say it, the more danger you are usually in. And if they wink after they say it, then it is all futile anyway, as they clearly intend to hunt you down no matter how far you run. You can't argue with that level of calm, so don't even try.

sorry... been reading too much of the hitchiker series of books. It has led to odd thoughts. :P
    The skyline is two gazes long... - Rainer Maria
    Originally posted by headgamer

They discuss table support here.

http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wordsmith_details.html
    My apologies -- I stand corrected. I've been reading their ToDo list (where they said full table support would be coming, post-2.0), and I missed the note about table support.

I'm impressed that they allow tables to be displayed, in some fashion, in 2.0 -- I didn't think they'd even gotten that far. Frankly, I do find this level of support useful; I often use WordSmith to only view Word documents, not edit them.

Given that Blue Nomad says they're working on it, I think you have a pretty good shot at having full table editting in the near future. Just not now.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by Nutcase
    It is a well known fact that people who say "I am very calm" usually are anything but. In fact, the calmer their voice is while they say it, the more danger you are usually in. And if they wink after they say it, then it is all futile anyway, as they clearly intend to hunt you down no matter how far you run. You can't argue with that level of calm, so don't even try.

Cant breath........laughing to hard.

He was "calm" as it was now he is "extremely calm."
    Hey "Ncase", guess where his "CALM" will be directed next.

You can run but you cant hide my friend.
  8.    #8  
    Quietly plotting as calmly as I can....

I am in my special place.... I am in my special place... I am in my special place...