Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was finally able to do it. It took some time and some very clever people (myself not included), but with patience it all came together.

Here are some detailed instructions and files.

*Notes: Be sure to have RescoExplorer loaded, regestered and working on your device (a 14 day trial will not work for this) - I used REv4.01.4). Be sure made a backup of anything you do not wish to lose.

1. Download the 4 files attached to this post.

* VoiceDial.prc
    * VoiceDial_enUS.prc
    * VoiceDial68K.prc
    * Vdialhelper.zip to the phone.

2. Install the first three applications to your SD card and the the last one (the Vdialhelper) to the device.

3. Change the attributes of the 3 files on the card (using RescoExplorer) to launchable and then move them to the device's RAM.

4. Once moved, I had to go back and change the attributes of the three files to launchable again (not sure why, but the first time did not take).

That's it... I have my side button set to launch VoiceDial now and when pressed, it asks me what to launch, etc. It will find names in contacts and send them to the dialer and connects the call fine. It will also learn my voice for numbers and it can launch any application I name. Plus it's better than having to shell out the $6+ for the Nuance service that Sprint is pushing.

A bit of the history behind the work: evcentro (a posterfrom another forum did all the legwork... I am just the benefactor and spreader of his good work. Here is how he did it. First he went to the the Verizon store and used "My Treo" to download the the VoiceDial installer from one of their phones, then he sent the installer to his Centro. He ran the installer and when it installed Voice Dial it worked including the dialing. Apparently this CDMA version has an extra part called VDialHelper that actually dials the number on the CDMA phone. The Voice Dial he got from the 755p is also one big file instead of two like in the GSM version. The GSM version being that it is also sold in Europe has the VoiceDial app separate from the voicedial_enUS DB. The 755 VoiceDial ran slow on his Centro and with little accuracy. He then installed the GSM Centro Voice Dial on top of the VoiceDial for the 755p. When he ran VoiceDial it worked faster and was more accurate, and because he had the Voice Dial helper file it actually dialed on his Centro.

Good luck all... and enjoy

[[ Edited by Dieter: removed warez ]]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 08/17/2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Additional info
    SERO F&F 500- $30.0
    Plan Features:
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (pcs to Pcs)
    * Unlimited SMS Messages
    * Unlimited Picturemail
    * Unlimited Data
    * Corp. Discount 20%
    * International Calling

"3. Change the attributes of the 3 files on the card (using RescoExplorer) to launchable and then move them to the device's RAM."

I have Resco Explorer, but have yet to figure out how to use it. Can you elaborate on the steps of making the files launchable? Thanks.
    All for One and One for All!
    I am confused. Voice dialing has always been possible on POS - just not via Bluetooth unless a Bluetooth Dongle such as a Jabra A210 is used. I used it extensively with my Treo 600 and the Jabra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    "3. Change the attributes of the 3 files on the card (using RescoExplorer) to launchable and then move them to the device's RAM."

I have Resco Explorer, but have yet to figure out how to use it. Can you elaborate on the steps of making the files launchable? Thanks.
    Menu>File>Info>Attributes>Launchable
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I am confused. Voice dialing has always been possible on POS - just not via Bluetooth unless a Bluetooth Dongle such as a Jabra A210 is used. I used it extensively with my Treo 600 and the Jabra.
    Voice Dial comes preloaded on GSM Centros not CDMA Centros. According to Palm's website's info sheet (http://www.palm.com/us/products/reso...martphone.html) Note 14: Sprint Centro has "Mobile Voice Control" by Nuannce which requires subscription after a free trial period. AT&T Centro has Voice Dial by VoiceSignal in ROM which is free and has no trial period.

With the workaround I posted, a Sprint user can load Voice Dial on their CDMA phones.
    SERO F&F 500- $30.0
    Plan Features:
    * Unlimited SMS Messages
    * Unlimited Picturemail
    * Unlimited Data
    * Corp. Discount 20%
    * International Calling

Edit (Matty beat me to the answer):
    I got it installed properly and it's working fine, but when the program is supposed to be saying something like "Say a command" all it does is make a loud distorted crackling noise. Did you run into this at all?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Edit (Matty beat me to the answer):
    I got it installed properly and it's working fine, but when the program is supposed to be saying something like "Say a command" all it does is make a loud distorted crackling noise. Did you run into this at all?
    Hmmmm... no, this did not happen to mine at all... it may be a conflict with another application you have running.

The only thing I wish for is to be able to use the VoiceDial via bluetooth... someone please figure that one out...
    SERO F&F 500- $30.0
    Plan Features:
    * Unlimited SMS Messages
    * Unlimited Picturemail
    * Unlimited Data
    * Corp. Discount 20%
    * International Calling

Thank You Deiter for removing that rescoexplorer.patched hack. I was just about to comment on that.

It's cheating an individual developer or company out monies they deserve for their work.....

Will this work in other programs, like talk-to-text in the Messaging app.. or is it just a launcher-type program?
    Thanks MattGit

I have it installed and it says "Say a command" properly also.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Thank You Deiter for removing that rescoexplorer.patched hack. I was just about to comment on that.

It's cheating an individual developer or company out monies they deserve for their work.....

Just curious as to your mode of thinking... you object to my posting RescoExplorer, but not VoiceDial?
    SERO F&F 500- $30.0
    Plan Features:
    * Unlimited SMS Messages
    * Unlimited Picturemail
    * Unlimited Data
    * Corp. Discount 20%
    * International Calling

12.    #12  
    Will this work in other programs, like talk-to-text in the Messaging app.. or is it just a launcher-type program?
    Sorry, but I have no clue....
    SERO F&F 500- $30.0
    Plan Features:
    * Unlimited SMS Messages
    * Unlimited Picturemail
    * Unlimited Data
    * Corp. Discount 20%
    * International Calling

Menu>File>Info>Attributes>Launchable
    Thanks! I'm going to try this on my Sprint 755p and see if it works.

Edit: I got it working with a 14 day trial. Took me a minute to figure out that this was the Treo Voice Dial app from Palm. It sells of $19.99. @OP: I think what you were saying in your initial post is that this one worked quicker than the one for 755ps?
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 08/17/2008 at 03:57 PM.
    All for One and One for All!
    We got this working about 2 weeks ago. I didn't have to change attributes on any files though. I just copied all 4 files from an SD card to my Palm's memory using ZLauncher's file manager. Other people had success using Resco Explorer.

Here is the thread from before:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=163931
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Please help the technically challenged...where in the device do these files need to be moved, specifically?

Much appreciated!!!
    Unfortunately with VoiceDial's level of accuracy, I find myself spending less time looking up the contact or launching the app via keys versus saying the command over... and over... and over.

No thanks.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Unfortunately with VoiceDial's level of accuracy, I find myself spending less time looking up the contact or launching the app via keys versus saying the command over... and over... and over.

No thanks.
    Really? I've found it very accurate so far...
    Can I use FileZ to change the attribute as well?

EDIT: FileZ does not work. It does not copy over the files.
    Last edited by profroopchan; 08/19/2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyGit View Post
    Just curious as to your mode of thinking... you object to my posting RescoExplorer, but not VoiceDial?

Yeah, no kidding a software rip off is a software rip off.
    I tried this on my Sprint 755 & I end up with the software installed w/ a 14 day trial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast