1.    #1  
    Hi guys. I have been tinkering with my Treo using as little 3rd party software as possible.

ANybody know which video player is the least memory intensive?

Have looked at CorePlayer and TCPMP and they both run at 2-3MB each.

THanks!
  2. UserOne
    My TCPMP (with the MP3, MPEG1 & MPEG4 plugins) comes to about 816k.

Kinoma 4 EX Full Version is about 2.5MB.

L8R
    What kinds of videos are you trying to play? You could convert your videos to a format that can be played by the built in Pics and Videos player.

TCPMP is simply the best. If you think it's too big to install to internal memory, run it from your external card. It'll be a bit slow to load, but runs just fine.
  4.    #4  
    Been trying to play video podcasts essentially. i watch movies and TV shows every now and then.

Video podcasts stutter too much on the plain TCPMP, they reset my Treo on the Pics&Videos app. Unfotunately Coreplayer is the only one that does not stutter on my videos even with bluetooth stereo headset on, but it is just too big for me.

How big is MPlayer? Mocean uses the native player so thats not gonna change anything.

And i dont like converting anymore. My videopodcasts i sync directly to my Treo using Missing Sync for Palm OS.

UserOne, could you email me the MPEG1 codec pls? i do not seem to find that on my TCPMP. i have FFMPEG, MP3, MPC, MPEG4 codecs but no MPEG1.
  5. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    UserOne, could you email me the MPEG1 codec pls? i do not seem to find that on my TCPMP. i have FFMPEG, MP3, MPC, MPEG4 codecs but no MPEG1.
    K... I had to hunt down my TCPMP files (got stuff spread out on too many computers ) and the "ffmpeg" plugin should be all you need for MPEG1 playback. The readme file for the ffmpeg plugin has this tidbit in it:

Quote Originally Posted by FFMPEG README
    Supports MPEG1/2, MPEG4 (with GMC/QPEL), h.263, MS-MPEG4-v1/v2/v3, Sorenson 3, WMV7/8 and AVC (aka h.264).
    For some reason the "MPEG1 Plugin" showed up separate from my MPEG4 plugin in the "Info" screen... that is why I listed it in my original post. Sorry for the confusion.

For reference sake... THIS link has a bunch of plugins for TCPMP available for download.

L8R
    Last edited by UserOne; 08/18/2008 at 06:23 AM.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the info!

Thats probably why TCPMP got so big.
    Last edited by bulls96; 08/18/2008 at 10:04 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I found my solution!

Coreplayer can run from my memory card! sweet!
    You can put TCPMP and all of the plugins in /Palm/Launcher, too.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    You can put TCPMP and all of the plugins in /Palm/Launcher, too.
    Yup i found that out in my testings too. For some reason, Coreplayer plays some of my video podcasts much more smoothly than a fully loaded TCPMP, so i stuck with Coreplayer.