Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I see where I can get internet radio with the $40 ptunes upgrade, but I have a friend getting free internet radio on a Q9c from some web site. I can't get it to work. The site just wont come up. Is there something like this for the palm before I spend $40 for something I might get for free?
  2. UserOne
    There are quite a few FREE options for Internet Radio for you, depending on the content you are trying to listen to. Before I get too far tho, I would strongly recommend having an unlimited (or close to unlimited... i.e. 5GB/mo) data plan so you don't have to worry too much about what streams your pulling down.

Here are some options for ya if you just want to point Blazer towards these addresses:
    - www.di.fm/mobile/ (Electronic / Techno Music)
    - www.sky.fm/mobile/ (Variety of Jazz, R&B, Top Hits, etc.)
    There are a ton of other FREE Internet Radio stations out there, but I cannot think of any more off the top of my head at the moment. If I remember any more I will try to reply or edit this message for ya. Perhaps a quick Google search would yield more results than my lacking memory on this hehe.

Another option is Mundu Radio, but this requires you to download a FREE program and HotSync it over to your Treo. An account is also required, but that is FREE as well.

If you purchase the full version of PTunes or full version of Kinoma they will both play Internet Radio quite easily, but purchasing software to simply listen to Inet Radio is NOT required.

Hope it helps.... L8R
    Anyone know of any free talk show (politics, current events) types of stations?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If you have kenoma player you can search for them.
    Terry
  5. UserOne
    Found this site in another thread...
    http://www.thestreamcenter.com/

http://www.thestreammachine.com/pda - if your visiting on a mobile device (like your Treo) .

It has alot of streaming stations listed... talk, politics, current events and, of course, music stations too.

Also if your looking for news outside the U.S. you can get it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile
    Last edited by UserOne; 09/24/2008 at 01:44 AM. Reason: added mobile url for mobile browsers.
  6.    #6  
    I have an unlimited data plan so that is no concern. Thanks for the input.

thestreammachine.com wouldn't work on my phone the other day, but I will be sure to try it again if people are able to use it. Could have been any number of things really.

Is there any way to find more of these? I tried to search google and found nothing. Are there keywords that you really need to be using to find these kinds of sites or something?

EDIT: What about sports radio? Football season starts soon and I have to work alot so I would love to be able to catch some scores or maybe a game on the radio. College or pro, doesn't matter and I would love to have both. Thanks again.
    Last edited by melphen; 08/19/2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask about football radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by melphen View Post

EDIT: What about sports radio? Football season starts soon and I have to work alot so I would love to be able to catch some scores or maybe a game on the radio. College or pro, doesn't matter and I would love to have both. Thanks again.
    You don't show who your carrier is, but if you are with Sprint you should try out the On Demand on your phone, that has all kinds of neat things including Sports. Plus with Sprint, you get free basic Sprint TV with your data plan and I believe they have Fox Sports channel in their line up.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  8.    #8  
    Sprint doesn't have any service in my area to speak of. I use Alltel right now. They have the best EVDO coverage down here and it is more then ok. The speeds here are fast so I love it, just wanting to get more out of my phone.
    thestreammachine.com wouldn't work on my phone the other day, but I will be sure to try it again if people are able to use it. Could have been any number of things really.
    You will need to use the mobile site, http://www.thestreammachine.com/pda, on your cell phone. The main site needs Windows Media Player with codecs, RealPlayer, or a MP3 player such as WinAmp.

This should help you locate Sports Talk via your local stations. The Ticket has affiliates throughout the US. In Dallas, it is 1310AM/104.1FM.
    Apple Newton/Palm III/Palm V/Treo 180/Treo 300/Treo 650/Treo 700/Treo 755
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This may be overly simplistic on my part, but that's how I try to do things. What about using the Audio links on Blazer's home page (mobile.palm.com)? There's a Radio Locator link. Type in the zip or city you want and the stations appear. Or you can search by genre. Click on those and they play.

It also has a direct link to NPR and podcasts.

Works for me.
  11.    #11  
    What is this homepage you speak of. My service provider saw fit to replace the dafault homepage with their own homepage and I have been unable to find the blazer homepage.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My provider is Verizon. My Treo's Blazer defaults to mobile.palm.com. I think it is Palm's default page. This page has the Audio links referenced in the previous post.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    Anyone know of any free talk show (politics, current events) types of stations?

wbur.org hit listen now.

BB
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hello guys,

There are lots of amazing shows, latest songs and many more. Have a rock. yes it's free also.

----

thanks.
    marksmith
    jordan's best talent--play.jo
    Quote Originally Posted by marksmith View Post
    Hello guys,

There are lots of amazing shows, latest songs and many more. Have a rock. yes it's free also.
    Sorry, but was there supposed to be a weblink in this post?
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Kinoma Player 4EX is what I use - easy to use and the Streamcenter has hundreds of stations to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Kinoma Player 4EX is what I use - easy to use and the Streamcenter has hundreds of stations to choose from.
    I love Kinoma 4EX too, I am constantly using their Media Guide, which is updated very often. I am digging the French language classes
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Sorry, but was there supposed to be a weblink in this post?
    just check out play.jo
    I see where I can get internet radio with the $40 ptunes upgrade, but I have a friend getting free internet radio on a Q9c from some web site. I can't get it to work. The site just wont come up. Is there something like this for the palm before I spend $40 for something I might get for free?
    Obviously the easiest and cheapest solution is to just buy my q9c instead
    I am a little confused about how Kinoma works. I have it on my 755 but it isn't listed in my appications, it just starts when I click on the right link in Blazer.
    Can Kinoma stand alone and then be bookmarked with favorites?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast