1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to this forum so please bear with me!

I recently purchased a Sprint Treo 755p that I flashed to Cricket. I am able to connect to the web, but for some reason I get this error when trying to receive comcast email via Versamail:

Unable to connect to mail.comcast.net Please verify your server name entry.

Here are my settings:

Username:

myemail@comcast.net

Password:

my password

Email address:
    myemail@comcast.net

Incoming Server:

mail.comcast.net

Outgoing Server:

smtp.comcast.net

Under Advanced Settings:
    Incoming Server Settings:

Port: 110

Outgoing Server Settings:
    Port: 25
    Use authentication (ESMTP) checked

Username:
    myemail@comcast.net

Password:

My password

Thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    Just a quick follow-up. I downloaded chattermail and setup my comcast email. It will not work either. I get this error:

A connection could not be made to the server specified in "Edit Mailbox". ChatterEmail will try again within 5 minutes.

It keeps trying and trying...

Also, if I do a HotSync, Versamail will use that connection to to download messages to the phone. So, that is telling me that the settings are fine, but for some reason it doesn't like use the wireless connection?
    Last edited by Paseo; 08/14/2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Hello, I use ChatterEmail for my gmail account and I know that gmail requires SSL on both outgoing and incoming mail. you need to contact Comcast and find out those settings as they are there in chatter to check or uncheck; there is also one that says "Requires Authentication"
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    A couple of questions. One, under user name, I don't think you need to put @comcast.net, just your user name. Also, you say that when you hotsync, your emails are updated? Is that because the computer you are updating to has Comcast email on it as well. I think what it is doing is just syncing your 755p to the computer you sync with. I have a 755p, and it was very easy to set up. I entered my email address and password, then it went out and got the settings. It may be an issue with having the phone flashed to Cricket. Possibly the version of Versamail that you are using will only work with the cellphone provider the phone was sold with. I am using Sprint, use Comcast and it's worked with no problems.

Your ports look correct, and neither incoming or outgoing require SSL, and you have the ESMTP set. Again, I think your user name should not need the @comcast.net after it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    A couple of questions. One, under user name, I don't think you need to put @comcast.net, just your user name. Also, you say that when you hotsync, your emails are updated? Is that because the computer you are updating to has Comcast email on it as well. I think what it is doing is just syncing your 755p to the computer you sync with. I have a 755p, and it was very easy to set up. I entered my email address and password, then it went out and got the settings. It may be an issue with having the phone flashed to Cricket. Possibly the version of Versamail that you are using will only work with the cellphone provider the phone was sold with. I am using Sprint, use Comcast and it's worked with no problems.

Your ports look correct, and neither incoming or outgoing require SSL, and you have the ESMTP set. Again, I think your user name should not need the @comcast.net after it.

I think this is correct, this is how I have myne set up (no @comcast.net requited) and it works fine.
    Terry
    I have a Verizon 755p, but I use Snappermail, and it was a breeze to set up both my Comcast and gmail accounts.

Here are my settings (which are similar to yours)

Incoming mail:
    POP3 Server: pop.comcast.net
    username: username @ comcast.net {without the spaces, but WITH the @comcast.net}
    password: password

Outgoing mail:
    SMTP server: smtp.comcast.net
    username: username @ comcast.net {without the spaces, but WITH the @comcast.net}

POP3 Settings: Port: 110
    SMTP: Port: 25
    check-mark next to: Use CRAM-MDS Authentication

I know I'm not much help, other than to suggest that you check out Snappermail.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  7. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    My settings the same as the OP, but without the @comcast.net after the username.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    I have a Verizon 755p, but I use Snappermail, and it was a breeze to set up both my Comcast and gmail accounts.

Here are my settings (which are similar to yours)

Incoming mail:
    POP3 Server: pop.comcast.net

Outgoing mail:
    SMTP server: smtp.comcast.net

POP3 Settings: Port: 110
    SMTP: Port: 25
    check-mark next to: Use CRAM-MDS Authentication

I know I'm not much help, other than to suggest that you check out Snappermail.

Just out of curiosity, why are you using snappermail? The email client preinstalled on the 755p works great with Comcast. All I had to do was tell them my email address and password, then it went out and retrieved all of my settings without any more user input. I can go in and change things if I need to, but since it isn't broken, I don't need to fix it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Did you switch over to the new Smartzone system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokebi View Post
    Did you switch over to the new Smartzone system?
    Not familiar with that system? Can you elaborate on it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you using snappermail? The email client preinstalled on the 755p works great with Comcast. All I had to do was tell them my email address and password, then it went out and retrieved all of my settings without any more user input. I can go in and change things if I need to, but since it isn't broken, I don't need to fix it.

I didn't care much for Versamail, plus, I wanted to be able to keep my emails on my card. Also, I actually have 2 personal emails (Comcast is one of them) and 2 work emails. I like how I can differentiate between my emails easily using Snappermail.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p