Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When did you get the second replacement? I had a replacement in Dec 2008 and another mid Jan 2009. I don't see any software upgrade or improvement. In any case, i think Palm ought to supply a fix or upgrade on the website.

Perhaps its because I didn't re-enter my addressbook manually. Its would be too tedious because i have more than 2000 contacts with data records of more than 10 years. But i did download dbfix to check addressbook, datebook, etc. Only 1 error was found in the calender, it was rectified but it doesn't solve the problem.

From what you've experienced, i would think the problem lies in the sync. Something was generated during a sync, it was not cleaned up or the phone was not properly updated. I'll be trying not to sync my phone for 2 weeks to see what happens. 2 weeks should suffice because my phone hangs at least once a week. I'll post my findings.
    Nope, it didn't work. It hangs even if I don't do any sync. Not bad though, it took a whole week. I'm impressed.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebro View Post
    When did you get the second replacement? I had a replacement in Dec 2008 and another mid Jan 2009. I don't see any software upgrade or improvement. In any case, i think Palm ought to supply a fix or upgrade on the website.

Perhaps its because I didn't re-enter my addressbook manually. Its would be too tedious because i have more than 2000 contacts with data records of more than 10 years. But i did download dbfix to check addressbook, datebook, etc. Only 1 error was found in the calender, it was rectified but it doesn't solve the problem.

From what you've experienced, i would think the problem lies in the sync. Something was generated during a sync, it was not cleaned up or the phone was not properly updated. I'll be trying not to sync my phone for 2 weeks to see what happens. 2 weeks should suffice because my phone hangs at least once a week. I'll post my findings.
    Had the second replacement and software update in june and it worked for a while but as soon as I started to fill the phone with contacts, manually by typing them in or adding a few applications it started freezing again so the Centro GSM is well and truly ****ed and I get the impression that the constant replacements its just a cover up to try and keep customers somewhat "happy" and not realize the whole product is flawed!
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Had the second replacement and software update in june and it worked for a while but as soon as I started to fill the phone with contacts, manually by typing them in or adding a few applications it started freezing again so the Centro GSM is well and truly ****ed and I get the impression that the constant replacements its just a cover up to try and keep customers somewhat "happy" and not realize the whole product is flawed!
    I tend to agree that its flawed and since its been so long, i don't think they are capable (perhaps don't intend) of providing a fix. I've been contemplating on a different phone but its all the years of information that i'm concerned with during migration. Been hunting the web for alternatives, none of them promising.

I really cannot go on having jams on phone rings, some from my boss, some from important customers. One thing for sure, I have to dump Centro.
    has anyone found a solution to this? I replaced my first centro because it hangs when i receive calls (but if you wait about a minute and the one calling you waits too, you actually get connected). What's annoying is my second centro does that too... the palm customer service can't help!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12