1.    #1  
    I have paid for the Whereami program using the link provided by the software:

http://wfmh.org.pl/carlos

I then emailed the author with my hotsync ID (as instructed) but I have not heard anything.

Has anyone successfully registered the software? If yes, what is the email address of the author?

I've got a bluetooth GPS, and I've been using it with Google Maps on my 700p. I assume that the paid version does not need me to re-link to the GPS each time I refresh my location, so I'm quite interested in that capacity. It's really too bad that Palm can't work with Google to get cell tower-based location capacity working on the 700p. I hate to say it, but if the iPhone ever came with a real keyboard...

John F
    Montclair, NJ
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have exactly the same problem. I'm awaiting the full version since July already. I sent several emails and left various comments on his blog. However, I didn't get any response.

I hate it when developers ask for support and then just take the money without delivering.

Fortunately this appears to be an isolated case in the POS world. I probably have to start a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back. What a shame and waste of time...
    I thought WhereAmI was a freeware app. Didn't know there were two versions of it, paid and free? ... News to me.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $only$ $real$ $difference$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $paid$ $version$ $is$ $supposed$ $to$ $tell$ $you$ $what$ $altitude$ $you$ $are$ $at$, $dont$ $know$ $if$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $register$ $to$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $find$ $a$ $business$ $or$ $not$, $I$ $use$ $Google$ $maps$ $for$ $that$ $info$ $so$ $never$ $tried$, $and$ $dont$ $realy$ $care$ $how$ $high$ $I$ $am$, $pun$ $intended$
    Terry