1.    #1  
    I know what you're thinking--oh great, a newbie! Thank you in advance for any help you can provide though.

I just made the switch from Sprint (after 8 yrs) to AT&T, cause i'm a girl and just had to have the white one. I've also been increasingly unhappy w/Sprint (customer service, roaming, etc), so that factored into my decision as well. I got the phone for free through Best Buy's promo last week.

Question 1--should i purchase insurance? My previous phones through sprint haven't been that expensive and never had the touch screen option, so i'm wondering if this would be a good idea. Best Buy offers ins. that is the same cost as AT&T i guess...wondering who to go through should i decide to get it. I'd likely dump the phone for an upgrade in 2 yrs, if that matters.

Question 2--I've read around here and the internet that there is no way to officially power the phone off--that you can turn off the "phone" itself, but the thing is actually in a stand-by type of mode w/the screen off. Is it not using the battery power in this mode then?

Question 3--any way to get rid of the redial option that you have by only hitting the green button once? I've researched around here a bit before posting this question, but haven't found any solid advice.

I'm playing around w/it and learning....feeling a little phone-dumb at the moment, but from what i've read around here, seems like a good phone once you figure things out.

Any other info you feel is helpful and want to pass along to me would be great! TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by cherelle View Post
    I know what you're thinking--oh great, a newbie! Thank you in advance for any help you can provide though.

I just made the switch from Sprint (after 8 yrs) to AT&T, cause i'm a girl and just had to have the white one. I've also been increasingly unhappy w/Sprint (customer service, roaming, etc), so that factored into my decision as well. I got the phone for free through Best Buy's promo last week.

Question 1--should i purchase insurance? My previous phones through sprint haven't been that expensive and never had the touch screen option, so i'm wondering if this would be a good idea. Best Buy offers ins. that is the same cost as AT&T i guess...wondering who to go through should i decide to get it. I'd likely dump the phone for an upgrade in 2 yrs, if that matters.

Question 2--I've read around here and the internet that there is no way to officially power the phone off--that you can turn off the "phone" itself, but the thing is actually in a stand-by type of mode w/the screen off. Is it not using the battery power in this mode then?

Question 3--any way to get rid of the redial option that you have by only hitting the green button once? I've researched around here a bit before posting this question, but haven't found any solid advice.

I'm playing around w/it and learning....feeling a little phone-dumb at the moment, but from what i've read around here, seems like a good phone once you figure things out.

Any other info you feel is helpful and want to pass along to me would be great! TIA

its a great phone
    1. Insurance is always a good idea for people who use them alot or drop them a few times if you can keep it safe don't bother but if you drop it here and there get it these phones aren't heavy duty

2. The phone doesn't really turn off it goes into a standby mode that usually doesn't use any power and resetting is done by taking the batter out

3.I don't think there is a one click redial click (sprint phone) hitting the green button 1x brings up a call log 2x dials the last number dialed it maybe different on att
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much for answering fast!

For #3, if i hit what would normally be the "send" button when i'm in the phone function, it'll pull up a list of the last calls i've made. I find it annoying and have already been hitting it accidentally and redialing the last number i dialed. Just wondering if there is a way to disable this function, or delete out the numbers so nothing would be there.

Thanks
    I just bought one a couple of weeks ago through Verizon and learning also. There are many free applications you can install that will make it even more useful. I don't need an online connection but use it to sync up with my Outlook calendar and contacts. I just bought a recommended book about it called "Now You Know Centro" By Patrick Ames that seems pretty good and you can get it at Amazon.com. Good luck too!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, Zenfor! I'll have to check out that book. Good luck to you too
    Welcome! You'll love your Centro, and yes definetely get insurance. You won't be sorry.
    There is scarcely an electronic device made today that is truly off (i.e., consuming zero power) when turned off, and that includes ALL cell phones. Very few devices have an electromechanical switch that interrupts all power to the device. In most devices, the microcontroller in the device is still alive even when the device is "powered off", monitoring the power button to turn the rest of the device on when the button is pressed.
    I believe if you delete the outgoing call history, the list will disappear.