1.    #1  
    I know. SME sucks and I should use chatter. But I don't receive that many emails (yet) per day to justify the $40 which I would have been fine with if it went to Marc and his team.

I have seen some posters that said that SME has pushed their email messages from gmail to their devices. Did I read that wrong?

And if so, what voodoo magic did you do with the program to make it do this?

I'm still considering chatter by the way. Just hope that Palm doesn't shaft us and include it (or an iteration of it) in the Palm OS II/Nova devices coming next year.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Didn't have to do any magic, it just worked.

I don't think SME is that bad as long as you can live with the current limitations (can't schedule a sleep on the alerts so you have to set it to vibrate or something like that, can't have it download large emails by default).
  3.    #3  
    did you set it up as a gmail account or did you go the route of other Imap account?

I have "push messages to my device" checked, but no push yet
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    I believe I've done both. Did you try it as pop?

One other thing to try is using your entire gmail address as the login, instead of just the part before the @.
  5.    #5  
    I haven't tried it as POP.

I'm going to do that and see if it works
  6.    #6  
    I tried...thanks for your reply and assistance.

I'ma have to go get that chatter. Hopefully Palm doesn't stick it to me later and include it for free in their next POS devices like they did with Versamail.
    You try the full email address login for imap also (using Gmail profile)?
  8.    #8  
    I don't know what else I'm doing wrong
    The price of Chatter is so acceptable given how flawlessly it works for gmail push email. I always get my notification tone on my treo well before it arrives in my gmail inbox! I have been on gmail on my laptop with my treo sitting next to me, and have had a notification of mail and nothing shows on the gmail site for several seconds later. Now that is cool.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  10.    #10  
    I do plan to purchase a license when my trial runs out.

I was just making sure there wasn't something out there that could do the job similarly before I gave Palm more of my $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    The price of Chatter is so acceptable given how flawlessly it works for gmail push email. I always get my notification tone on my treo well before it arrives in my gmail inbox! I have been on gmail on my laptop with my treo sitting next to me, and have had a notification of mail and nothing shows on the gmail site for several seconds later. Now that is cool.
    Last trial of Chatter I used couldn't properly downlaod attachments. has that changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by VetDoctor View Post
    Last trial of Chatter I used couldn't properly downlaod attachments. has that changed?
    I download attachments with no problem and save them to my card; I am using the most current version 3.0.18
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.