1.    #1  
    I've been having a lot of issues lately with my Treo 700p. Last night it was charging all night (red charging light had turned to bright green overnight), but it wouldn't turn on this morning, even after taking the battery out, and plugging it in revealed the battery to be completely drained. It's happened 3 times in the past month in my car at work- normally it'll drain about 5% in standby, but sometimes I'll come and find it's completely black with the battery on 0.

I suspect the phone may be locking up while in a mode that places high drain on the battery. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have not yet done the verizon update (I'm on 1.06 with the "if it ain't broke, screw their updates", been burned before on Palm update) but this is getting pretty bad.

Battery life isn't what it used to be, but 95% of the time, I still get "normal" life out of this phone... when it feels like charging, at least.
    My charging contacts are bad, the only way I can charge it now is with the usb cable.

I also bought a Seidio battery a while ago, and it no longer holds a charge as well as it used to, it drains very fast now. Yesterday it was at 66%, I took it out, put it back in and it read 78%.

I'm back to using the Palm battery now.
  3.    #3  
    I usually use by USB cable to charge, and just use the standalone when I'm travelling. I haven't seen it since vacation a month ago, and fear I've lost it. The contacts on the USB cable (and/or phone) are horrible- I've sprayed them down with electronics cleaner and scraped them clean and it has been working without issue aside from the lock-ups.

The lockups seem to occur regardless of battery state- if I catch it soon enough, there's still a lot of battery left.

Edit: just upgraded the software
    Last edited by SteveFehr; 08/08/2008 at 12:51 PM.