1.    #1  
    My 700p died after 19 months of use. The earpiece stopped working along with the speakerphone. My Treo 600 was going strong even after 2 years.

The tech told me he couldn't fix it and that I will get a Treo 690 (Centro) as a replacement. I was OK with it even though I knew they should have given me a 755p as a replacement.

To my surprise the Centro is a breath of fresh air in the Palm OS world. It is so much faster and way more stable than the 700p. I was ready to jump ship (might still), but this Centro has me liking Palm OS again. Any 700p users who are sitting on the fence should go for it. It's cheap anyways right?

Anyone else get a Centro replacement?
    I got one when my 650 bit the dust for the umpteenth time. Centros are very nice & speedy. Less crashes, but not completely crashproof.

I have never had a 755p, but if I had the choice, I'd take a 755p over the Centro due to the larger keyboard (I've got big thumbs), battery, and screen.

If you're on Sprint, their upgrade path is now to Centro if your device dies and they can't replace it. I asked for a 755p and they didn't have any, and simply restated to me that the Centro is now the upgrade path. I told him I already have one and prefer the larger keyboard and he said I'd have to wait on a refurbed 700p, which I did. Darn shame, too. The 700p I replaced had perfectly working bluetooth prior to it dying the Access Loop death. The new one won't reliably stay paired with my headset.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I woke up and dropped my insurance for my 700P, since it was costing me money per month and... the $50 replacement cost would be more than the freee upgrade!

So, if I use BackupBuddy and sync to a new Centro, will all apps work? I read something about Butler not working well. Anything other gotchas?
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    kenorian....."free upgrade"? what are you talking about? how would insurance not help you out?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    I got one when my 650 bit the dust for the umpteenth time. Centros are very nice & speedy. Less crashes, but not completely crashproof.

I have never had a 755p, but if I had the choice, I'd take a 755p over the Centro due to the larger keyboard (I've got big thumbs), battery, and screen.

If you're on Sprint, their upgrade path is now to Centro if your device dies and they can't replace it. I asked for a 755p and they didn't have any, and simply restated to me that the Centro is now the upgrade path. I told him I already have one and prefer the larger keyboard and he said I'd have to wait on a refurbed 700p, which I did. Darn shame, too. The 700p I replaced had perfectly working bluetooth prior to it dying the Access Loop death. The new one won't reliably stay paired with my headset.
    I thought the small keyboard was going to be a deal breaker for me, but I think the feel is very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyShawn View Post
    kenorian....."free upgrade"? what are you talking about? how would insurance not help you out?
    An insurance replacement comes with a $50 deductible. I have a "new every two" with Verizon, so I could get a Centro for nothing.

I'm reasonably happy with my 700P. though. So, as long as I don't soak it or otherwize kill it, gonna save my upgrade dollars for whatever comes out in 2009.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    If this is the case, where Sprint replaces the 700P with a Centro, I hope I do not have any problems with my 700P (going on 2yrs.). If I do have problems I may upgrade to either the 800w or the Mogul.
    A.S.d.l.C
    Insurance may not be the smartest thing over the long run, but in the short run, it has its merits.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian View Post
    An insurance replacement comes with a $50 deductible. I have a "new every two" with Verizon, so I could get a Centro for nothing.

I'm reasonably happy with my 700P. though. So, as long as I don't soak it or otherwize kill it, gonna save my upgrade dollars for whatever comes out in 2009.
    I wonder if sprint has such? I've had my 700P for about 2 yrs now, nothing really has sparked my interest to upgrade. Although the HTC Diamond is sorta tempting but I'm not a winmo fan...
    Its possible to replace the 700P with another ( mint ) from E-bay
    (fastlane wireless ) - for $80. The original price when it first came out was $300 !!
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P