1.    #1  
    On my 755p, I text messaged a friend of mine, and in the text message I gave him a url: http://www.any.....etc - right after I hit the send button my 755p went into an endless loop Access reset screen, no soft or warm reset with or without erase data would fix it. So then after a restore with NVBackup, all the functions worked normally except when I hit the hard button home key, it would go into this reset mode again.

I then was able to fix it via an earlier image. So my question is; did I curroupt something when I sent the url in a text message. Is that not possible to do or maybe you are not suppose to do that?

Thanks, my heart dropped there for a minute, thinking I might need a new replacement phone as my works so nice and stable other then this.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Probably a general Palm NVRAM corruption issue.

That file system is unreliable sometimes and I doubt it had to do with what you did in particular, i.e. if you did the same thing again I doubt it would happen.

Don't quote me on that though.
    Yes, mine did this for the first time yesterday, anytime I pressed the hard calendar button, which I have assigned to 2Day. I would reset the phone, then when it was rebooted I could use it fine, UNLESS I pressed that calendar button, then it would start loop resetting. I ended up doing a hard reset, since I use Resco Backup and was able to restore my phone within 3 minutes, using a backup from several days ago just to be sure. Working fine now, but I have no idea what caused it.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  4.    #4  
    papped,

I'm might try implanting a url in a text message again sometime after I get a spare card with a backup on it in case it corrupts the backup on the installed card I won't have to worry.

dollface,

Looks like we had the same exact problem, except yours was the calender button and my was the home button. Kinda freaky, but like you all is well here 755p land

Must not be that many looping resets out there - but thats a good sign!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

A corruption of a file in main memory should not affect anything on your card, so if you have a backup program installed, it stores the backup files on your card, and those won't be affected. I don't think it's necessary to carry a spare card with your backup on it. Good luck
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Yeah, I really doubt that a url in a text message could cause such a corruption every time (as I'm sure a ton of people do this).

NVRAM file system is just generally a rather un-safe file system.
    I've sent a url in a text message many times, never had a re-set loop. I have been dealing with re-sets though this past week (having to do hard re-set to get out of the loop!), but I'm pretty sure it's because I went from a 2gb microSD to a 4gb microSDHC.

Thanks goodness for backups!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  8.    #8  
    Delpita,

Thanks for the info. Funny, I just bought a 4gb microSDHC for the Centro - upgrading it from a 2gb - I hope I don't get resets from that upgrade.

I seem to remember sometime back when I did the same upgrade on the 755p - and for some reason didn't go as smooth as it should - most likely an error on my part.

Ditto on the backups!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Let me clarify my re-set loops.............

It only happened since I started using a 4gb microSDHC. While viewing "Word To Go" document that's located on my card, in Documents to Go, when I tapped "exit", I got a re-set loop. This never happened while viewing a "Sheet To Go".

If, however, I choose details, move the "Word To Go" to my handheld, and then move it back to my card, I can then view and exit without a problem. However, the problem comes back after doing a hot-sync. (In which case, moving the document from handheld then back to card again solves the problem.)

If I keep my "Word To Go" on my handheld, then I don't have any problems, even after doing a hot-sync.

Therefore, I'm inclined to believe that my re-sets have something to do with my card while trying to view a "Word To Go" document.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Let me clarify my re-set loops.............

It only happened since I started using a 4gb microSDHC. While viewing "Word To Go" document that's located on my card, in Documents to Go, when I tapped "exit", I got a re-set loop. This never happened while viewing a "Sheet To Go".

If, however, I choose details, move the "Word To Go" to my handheld, and then move it back to my card, I can then view and exit without a problem. However, the problem comes back after doing a hot-sync. (In which case, moving the document from handheld then back to card again solves the problem.)

If I keep my "Word To Go" on my handheld, then I don't have any problems, even after doing a hot-sync.

Therefore, I'm inclined to believe that my re-sets have something to do with my card while trying to view a "Word To Go" document.
    That's funny, I also had problems with Documents to Go on my 650, which my husband now uses. I used the utility to move the program Documents to Go onto my card, and anytime I would try and open a Word Document (also on my card) I would start a reset loop. So I moved the Documents to Go back to main memory and the loops stopped. Something is squirrely with Documents to Go I think.
    Thanks for reminding me dollface!!

I had a Treo 755p that completely crashed on me and I was able to get a replacement from Verizon.

On my old Treo, I had DataViz Tech Tool, but didn't install it on my new Treo. I installed it to my new Treo, and followed these instructions (Solution #1), and voila! My documents work!!

Edited to add: I'm using DTG version 8.002

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Hey that's great! the utility I was referring to was one that Dataviz created to move the entire DTG program onto your card, as you aren't able to move it yourself and have it work. I still find that DTG works best if it is main memory, is that where you have it? Glad it all worked out for you.
    Yep, I have DTG in main memory, but all documents are stored on my card.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p