1.    #1  
    Did you know that Google Maps Mobile (GMM) accepts and maps gps coordinates? Just place the coordinates (in this format: 28 25.908N, 81 27.099W) in the search field and go for it.

Those of you familiar with the "Where Am I?" application are probably already aware of this.

I have gps navigation software but sometimes its points-of-interest or maps are less accurate than those of GMM. It's helpful to be able to quickly jump directly to a specific location in GMM.

I hope you find this information helpful.

EDIT: This information is less useful for Centro owners since "My Location" works on them, but it could still come in handy for quickly mapping locations other than one's current location.
    Last edited by west3man; 08/07/2008 at 10:23 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Did you know that Google Maps Mobile (GMM) accepts and maps gps coordinates? Just place the coordinates (in this format: 28 25.908N, 81 27.099W) in the search field and go for it.

Those of you familiar with the "Where Am I?" application are probably already aware of this.

I have gps navigation software but sometimes its points-of-interest or maps are less accurate than those of GMM. It's helpful to be able to quickly jump directly to a specific location in GMM.

I hope you find this information helpful.

EDIT: This information is less useful for Centro owners since "My Location" works on them, but it could still come in handy for quickly mapping locations other than one's current location.
    Yes, it accepts multiple formats of coordinates, always has.. DD.DDD, DD MM.MMM, DD MM SS..

I doubt this is any more or less useful for Cento owners unless they'd use this because they roughly know where they are.. I suppose that's as good as celltower location ;-)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Yes, it accepts multiple formats of coordinates, always has.. DD.DDD, DD MM.MMM, DD MM SS..
    News to me. Heck, I don't even understand what your D's and M's mean.

Maybe this'll prove helpful to someone on my level.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I doubt this is any more or less useful for Cento owners unless they'd use this because they roughly know where they are.. I suppose that's as good as celltower location ;-)
    I don't know which is quicker (although I have an idea which is more accurate). Even having my Bluetooth receiver on my keychain, I'd rather be able to find my location through GMM using internal circuitry, rather than an external device.

I just figure anyone with that internal functionality is less likely to have a lil gps receiver for Treo usage.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    News to me. Heck, I don't even understand what your D's and M's mean.

Maybe this'll prove helpful to someone on my level.

I don't know which is quicker (although I have an idea which is more accurate). Even having my Bluetooth receiver on my keychain, I'd rather be able to find my location through GMM using internal circuitry, rather than an external device.

I just figure anyone with that internal functionality is less likely to have a lil gps receiver for Treo usage.
    The "where am I" stuff in Google Maps is fine for "what's near me" not "where am I" type questions. Roughly you could get "where am I?" but IMO it's best to be able to say "I know where I am (say a large strip mall), but what's here?" kind of questions.