1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I have been really wanting to get some cool games on my black palm centro. I came up with a Super Nintendo emulator, but i have no clue how to use it. It says that when i install the app, it will create the neccesary folders to put the "game roms" in. I have a few questions with this..

1. When i start up the application, it displays an error message saying "a tapwave device with system version 5.0 or greater is required to run this application." I have no idea what this means, and how to fix it in order to run on my centro. Does anybody know what this means, and how to fix it if possible?

2. Are the "game roms" files ending with .rom? Ive been on a few rom sites that have games that end in .smc . I dont know if this is the correct type of file. Is it, and if not, what is?

I dont have a clue if this is against the rules talking about games like this. If so, im sorry and i wont be mad if it gets locked or deleted. Please help!

Thanks In Advance,

Jeff K.
    Hey Jeff,

Once you place the .PRC file in your interal drive on the phone it should create the folders on the SD card. /PALM/PROGRAMS/LJP/then the different platforms/

As for the file format. Nintendo games = .nes, Genesis = .smd, Super Nintendo = .smc..I really haven't played with the other platforms, so I'm not sure what .rom fiile format is for.

Also, where did you place the .zem files....I have mine in /PALM/PROGRAMS/LJP/...make sure you move each .zem file for each platform you will be using.

As for the error message you are getting, I'm not sure why you got it...check out little-john.com (can't remember if that was the actual name of the website or not, but you can google it) and there is a forum specifically for this emulator along with instructions on how to download the files...
  3. Zcu
    Don't give up it took me a week to get it to work but once I got it to work its very cool and I show it off alot. The help is quite sketchy but this is what I did (1) install prc file
    (2) run it once it will give you errors, ignore them
    (3) go home use resco explorer to copy all the zem files and the ini file from the zip to ljp folder
    (4) find roms with extension smc put them in folder palm\programs\ ljp\snen\roms
    (5) then go into ljp and they should show up
    (6) then click config to set the buttons.
    Remember to exit the emulator, all you have to do is hit the screen.
    Hope that helps and enjoy your game!!!!
    Last edited by zcu; 08/07/2008 at 04:00 PM.
    Yes, don't give up on LJP. I miss it a lot even on the WM 800w.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by zcu View Post
    Don't give up it took me a week to get it to work but once I got it to work its very cool and I show it off alot. The help is quite sketchy but this is what I did (1) install prc file
    (2) run it once it will give you errors, ignore them
    (3) go home use resco explorer to copy all the zem files and the ini file from the zip to ljp folder
    (4) find roms with extension smc put them in folder palm\programs\ ljp\snen\roms
    (5) then go into ljp and they should show up
    (6) then click config to set the buttons.
    Remember to exit the emulator, all you have to do is hit the screen.
    Hope that helps and enjoy your game!!!!
    im srry but i dont have resco explorer so i dont know how to copy the zem file to da ljp folder??
    Tapwave is a now defunct brand of PDA. It ran the Palm OS and it billed itself as being a PDA/Gameboy hybrid. It didn't last long.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks for this post. I d/led and had the same issues.
    Last edited by Doom878; 09/12/2008 at 03:02 PM.