Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Sprint just sent me an e-mail saying that Business Connect is being terminated. This was one of the main reasons why I bought the phone in the first place.

They directed me to http://www.nextel.com/en/solutions/m...ail_work.shtml

Of course, none of the Palm phones are listed as "compatible."

Suggestions?
    I had warned about this a few months ago. Seven, who developed BCPE, does not even have a Beta for the Palm OS, and while it says "maybe in the future," I doubt it.

Do write to Dan Hesse (CEO) at the address below:

________________________________________(Street)
    OVERLAND PARK KS 66251
    [QUOTE=blazorboy;1478970]I had warned about this a few months ago. Seven, who developed BCPE, does not even have a Beta for the Palm OS, and while it says "maybe in the future," I doubt it."

Seven does have a BCPE Palm OS "beta" for the 700p, 755p (and Centro). I've been using it everyday for a few years now on my 700p and now my Centro with no problems. Only downside is that the beta is no longer available for new testers.

Perhaps those who sign up for the beta program for the other mobile platforms can gain access to the Palm downloads, as I haven't tried that myself.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    [QUOTE=headcase;1481917]
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    I had warned about this a few months ago. Seven, who developed BCPE, does not even have a Beta for the Palm OS, and while it says "maybe in the future," I doubt it."

Seven does have a BCPE Palm OS "beta" for the 700p, 755p (and Centro). I've been using it everyday for a few years now on my 700p and now my Centro with no problems. Only downside is that the beta is no longer available for new testers.

Perhaps those who sign up for the beta program for the other mobile platforms can gain access to the Palm downloads, as I haven't tried that myself.
    What URL do you use to reach the Seven server for that Beta? Do you think it will work when Sprint takes down be.sprintpcs.com?
    Thanks,

BB
    [QUOTE=blazorboy;1481945]
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post

What URL do you use to reach the Seven server for that Beta? Do you think it will work when Sprint takes down be.sprintpcs.com?
    Thanks,

BB
    Here's where you sign up for the mobile devices beta, which might provide you the ability to download the Palm OS beta:
    http://community.seven.com/forum/main.php

Let us know how far you get.

As for Sprint pulling down Business Connect, it's a totally separate system, and I doubt it.
    [QUOTE=headcase;1482254]

Here's where you sign up for the mobile devices beta, which might provide you the ability to download the Palm OS beta:
    http://community.seven.com/forum/main.php

Let us know how far you get.

As for Sprint pulling down Business Connect, it's a totally separate system, and I doubt it.
    Thanks. I had seen that site before but it does not list ANY Palm OS devices as compatible. Do you have the desktop and phone programs you use? Can you see your inbox on any internet connected computer by going to their server (not via your phone)? Any help would be very much appreciated.

BB
    [QUOTE=blazorboy;1482258]
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post

Thanks. I had seen that site before but it does not list ANY Palm OS devices as compatible. Do you have the desktop and phone programs you use? Can you see your inbox on any internet connected computer by going to their server (not via your phone)? Any help would be very much appreciated.

BB
    Right, that's what I said -- you need to register, and see if the beta site allows new beta testers to download the Palm as well as Windoze clients. Trust me, when I say the Palm OS client exists, and it works fine.
    Thanks, will try it when in my office at my desktop machine. But does not look too hopeful given what they list.

Thanks again.

BB
    Thanks, will try it when in my office at my desktop machine. But does not look too hopeful given what they list.

Thanks again.

BB
    If you have no luck, I'll try registering as a different (new) beta tester, and see if my Palm OS client will work with that new login.
    Thanks. Will keep you posted.

B. B
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    any luck on new beta signups?
    I tried to install the desktop client but was not able. My company may have some type of security installed on each computer. Yet I was able to install the bcpe client. I will keep trying when I get back. Which version of the beta are you using headcase? because out of office required ms exchange and we use lotus domino I tried work group edition. it would not install.
    IS ANYONE ON THE BETA WITH LOTUS NOTES? Thanks.
    BB
    I tried to install the desktop client but was not able. My company may have some type of security installed on each computer. Yet I was able to install the bcpe client. I will keep trying when I get back. Which version of the beta are you using headcase? because out of office required ms exchange and we use lotus domino I tried work group edition. it would not install.
    IS ANYONE ON THE BETA WITH LOTUS NOTES? Thanks.
    BB
    If you were able to download SEVEN's Palm OS client for the 755p after signing up for what appears to be SEVEN's Windows beta sign up page, then the good news is that Palm device owners should have viable alternative to Sprint Business Connect.

As for your PC problems regarding installation, that's something you'll have to figure out on your own. Many corporations prohibit users to install 3rd party apps on company computers, especially "email redirectors" like this, for security reasons. Your only options are:
    A) find out how to install the desktop client onto your existing work PC
    B) install the desktop client on a personally owned PC (which you need to run all the time anyhow, regardless of Sprint BCPE or SEVEN PE)