1.    #1  
    I really need something that will allow me to check hotmail on my Palm. VM seems to have something about it that hates hotmail. Anything I can do to get around this? Thanks for your time.
    Hotmail uses special protocols that basically bars most apps from being able to check it.

Either checking it through the web, waiting for that new update to Glimmermail (who knows when that will happen) or using Sprint Mobile Email are your only options.
    You could use this GetMail which forwards Hotmail email to another account, say for instance: gmail or some other POP3 or IMAP server. then you could just configure those accounts with Versamail.

http://www.e-eeasy.com/gmailforhotmail.aspx

there is also Windows Live for mobile: http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/...x?Locale=en-US
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Yeah basically you need a server type source that polls your hotmail, then forwards it to another email (which is like what SME does).
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Go to the mobile Palm web portal (mobile.palm.com) which Blazer (unless it's customized by the carrier, ala Sprint) should open to by default.

The 2nd row of links, entitled "Email" links to the special mobile-formattted, Blazer-friendly version of Hotmail. Works flawlessly for me. It's a bit bare-bones but it's fast & reliable. Much better than fooling around with forwarding or fooling around with VersaMail etc.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Go to the mobile Palm web portal (mobile.palm.com) which Blazer (unless it's customized by the carrier, ala Sprint) should open to by default.

The 2nd row of links, entitled "Email" links to the special mobile-formattted, Blazer-friendly version of Hotmail. Works flawlessly for me. It's a bit bare-bones but it's fast & reliable. Much better than fooling around with forwarding or fooling around with VersaMail etc.
    I actually use this portal too, but I couldn't capture the extremely long web address to post it here. This does work well for Hotmail and is in sync with all of your online folders too.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I use the Sprint Mobile Email app (Seven rebranded) to check my hotmail account.
    yep.
    I use Fastmail. The free version of Fastmail polls your Hotmail account every 3 hours.

Once you set up a Fastmail account, its easy to set up/access your Fastmail account within VersaMail (IMAP).
    Last edited by RxMan`; 08/11/2008 at 11:37 PM.
    ^^ Ouch, every 3 hours is a little slow imo. If you don't need updates that much I guess it's not bad htough.
    Hotmail lets you automatically forward incoming messages to another address, such as fastmail.fm or gmail.com, it's in the options.
    Quote Originally Posted by quadrun1 View Post
    Hotmail lets you automatically forward incoming messages to another address, such as fastmail.fm or gmail.com, it's in the options.
    Doesn't look like that's going to work, either. M$ seems to allow forwarding only to another M$ account. Quote from Hotmail Options screen:

Options > Forward mail to another e-mail account

Forwarding
    You can forward your mail to one other e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, or Windows Live Custom Domains.

Important note: Please sign in at least once every 120 days so that your account doesn't get deleted. (In order to help fight junk, we delete inactive accounts.)
    No, you cannot forward Hotmail to any other account aside from Hotmail or MSN; believe me, I have tried.