1.    #1  
    I have downloaded this app to my Centro, but can't figure out how to take snapshots of the screen and send them to my microSD card.

I did a Google search and couldn't find anything except more places to download the file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Snap automagically sets itself to save to the card in a folder called SNAP within I believe the Palm folder. Anyway, tap its icon, enable it (I have it set to go with the power button) and go from there.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Snap automagically sets itself to save to the card in a folder called SNAP within I believe the Palm folder. Anyway, tap its icon, enable it (I have it set to go with the power button) and go from there.
    How do you set it to go with the power button?

After I tap the icon to launch the program, a screen appears that has only two options:
    1. On / Off
    2. Auto activate after reset: Yes/No/Ask
    Snap! Clip http://mytreo.net/downloads/snap-clip,38.html is a program to give you the command bar it does not do screen capture. You can use Snap http://mytreo.net/downloads/snap,231.html as a screen grab tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    How do you set it to go with the power button?

After I tap the icon to launch the program, a screen appears that has only two options:
    1. On / Off
    2. Auto activate after reset: Yes/No/Ask
    Here's the translated website of the programmer, you should be able to figure it out there. Just a hint, it is easier to send images or view them if you have installed the included Palm program called Files. Go to Files-Palm-Programs-Snap and click on the photo.

http://tinyurl.com/5psa8q

For ease, choose the power button. Then when you find a screen you want to get a photo of, tap the power (red) button quickly and you will hear two short beeps. The picture was taken.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  6. FM_
    Rick, thanks for the translated page, the recommendation to use the Power button and the great hint about seeing the photo in the Files program. Sweet!
  7. FM_
    OOPS! I spoke too soon. Now I can't use the Power button to turn the Centro on. I had to do a reset. Has anyone had success with using another button for the Verizon Centro? I have another issue, the phone doesn't generate the "two short beeps" when I take a shot. Help!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nitf View Post
    Snap! Clip http://mytreo.net/downloads/snap-clip,38.html is a program to give you the command bar it does not do screen capture. You can use Snap http://mytreo.net/downloads/snap,231.html as a screen grab tool.
    Ahhhh!! Snap! Clip is not Snap.

I deleted "clip" and installed "snap". Works as stated here. Thanks for your help.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by FM_ View Post
    OOPS! I spoke too soon. Now I can't use the Power button to turn the Centro on. I had to do a reset. Has anyone had success with using another button for the Verizon Centro?
    The home button will turn the Centro on. Try selecting "auto disable", too.
    I have another issue, the phone doesn't generate the "two short beeps" when I take a shot. Help!
    Is the sound switch turned off on the top of your Centro?
    OOPS! I spoke too soon. Now I can't use the Power button to turn the Centro on. I had to do a reset. Has anyone had success with using another button for the Verizon Centro? I have another issue, the phone doesn't generate the "two short beeps" when I take a shot. Help!
    By default, snap only takes one picture then it needs to be reset (you can unclick auto reset if you want to take images everytime you press a chosen key). Snap is something you want to know that you're capturing an image as each image is about 300kb. If you want it to always be on set it for another button, but I bet you'll forget it when you need it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  11. FM_
    OK, thanks. Only avtivating it when needed and choosing auto disable should work fine. I have sounds on/active but I don't get the beeps. It would be nice to get that audible confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    Ahhhh!! Snap! Clip is not Snap.

I deleted "clip" and installed "snap". Works as stated here. Thanks for your help.
    Not your fault calling a tool that gives you a command bar Snap! Clip is confusing at best.
    It is easy to do with the bunches and bunches of applications out there.
  14. FM_
    Taking a shot produces the beeps now that I've turned system sounds ON in Prefs.